Attack of the Crazy bird!!! Funny of the day

Triplemoon

May 21, 2013
mid tn usa
Parrots
Goldie- hen Gold/Yellow cheek Cockatiel ( almost 20 yr old) and a newly weaned Lutino parakeet named Boo 2 GCC's Milo-Turquoise and Jada-Pineapple.
So, we are moving to an apartment until we can find our forever farm. ( 4 months max) Well today Goldie and Boo have been kind of hanging out in my room. Their cage sits on the floor with the play gym on top. I give them a daily spray of water for a Bath like always around my lunch time. Around bed time they get lead back to night night perches and get the evening tickle and one last snuggle before I cover their cage. Well today it didn't go like that. Today Miss Goldie had other plans. I let her out like normal this morning with a morning tickle as I went about getting dressed. Then I went left my room ( birdie proofed and safe) to pack some things. Now I know there is change coming and both birds and dogs can sense something is up. Goldie has been less up for tickles and more for bluffing a beak grab. I never push her to far but I don't let her get away with being a booger either. Well today at lunch time of Bath then birdy bread Goldie decided I needed to be chased as she wanted my toes. As I went to fill the spray bottle she climbed off her gym and cage and followed me to the bathroom. Where she proceeded to chase my feet and go after my toes. It was funny because of the noise she was making. I think she was laughing at me squealing as she would get to me and nibble my toe. I finally got the bottle filled. I put her on the side of my tub where she proceeded to show off and pace back and forth making what I believe is her laughing sound. I didn't have time to get a video. I wish I had. I was laughing at her chasing my feet. I think she was tired of me being out of the room and busy doing smoething else. After a break of being chased with had afternoon tickles and I placed her back on her Gym and she settled down for a nap. I think the ol'bird had enough excitement because after that she was napping. Boo just sat and watched from around the corner of my dresser. I think he is going to learn some cheeky habits from Goldie!

That was the first time she did that. By the sounds she was making I knew she had made it a game. Right after we were done playing she was good for a bath and then a nap. She is a good ol'gal.

lol, I just can't believe how much laughter and joy these fids bring into our lives.

Most Reactions

Back