Armand Playing

Kdfhuey

Aug 19, 2014
Parrots
Blue Throated Macaw-Armand
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So Armand is now settled in and we couldn't imagine not having him. We also got our DNA test back and have confirmed Armand is indeed a boy. So thankfully there will be no name changes. We are really enjoying having him and oh is he a little mischievous boy. Such a good sweet disposition though....very forgiving with his parents. Were a little concerned since he lost a bit of weight but for right now Im just attributing that to his new environment. He seems to be eating a lot and his poop is normal and frequent.

Attachments

• Photo on 9-11-14 at 9.42 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 9-11-14 at 9.42 AM #2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 281
  • Photo on 9-11-14 at 9.42 AM #4.jpg
    Photo on 9-11-14 at 9.42 AM #4.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 288
  • Photo on 9-11-14 at 9.41 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 9-11-14 at 9.41 AM #2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 285
He is so beautiful, but I must say, Armand looks like a bundle of (wonderful) feathery trouble;) I bet that nice, pristine toy won't stay like that for long!

In big birds, they can fluctuate up or down a few grams in weight and it's perfectly normal. Once he is mature, if he fluctuates more that 10grams either way, thats when it's time to start looking for causes/solutions. Once mature, parrots should stay around the same weight their whole lives:)

He is so beautiful, but I must say, Armand looks like a bundle of (wonderful) feathery trouble;) I bet that nice, pristine toy won't stay like that for long!

In big birds, they can fluctuate up or down a few grams in weight and it's perfectly normal. Once he is mature, if he fluctuates more that 10grams either way, thats when it's time to start looking for causes/solutions. Once mature, parrots should stay around the same weight their whole lives:)

YEAH, and BTM's are pretty active, so I'd say it's normal. If he's playing so hard he doesn't eat as much, he's still fine...

These guys are one of my absolute favorite big macs...

Oh my god, he's sooooo cute!

Ohhhh..I love that baby face. There are days I would love to have a BTM but it is not feasible with me being only one person. My RFM requires so much time and attention I think it would be very difficult to have a BTM with my RFM. Both are similar in behavior so it would really be ....double trouble. LOL

Thank you for sharing such cute pictures of your baby. Armand is GORGEOUS.

Thanks! He's definitely a handful but well worth it. He's definitely getting used to his wings because he has made numerous trips to the floor from his perch. Its scared me a couple of times but every time I see him do it he lands fine. Still worries me though!

What a beautiful baby!!!! Good luck with him! So adorable!!!

Armand is gorgeous! So thrilled he is a boy so you could keep his name:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back