Albinos?

bridget503

Oct 7, 2011
Media
LaGrange, Il
Parrots
Baby Blue Budgie, Indy, Tic Tac, Freeway, Misty, Nipper, Kiwi, Evan, Sidney, 4 new ones not yet named, RIP Elbee, the lovebird
My darn birds won't stop mating, so we now have 4 more babies, in addition to the 7 that hatched in January/Feb. One of them was pretty well hidden, and so I had to dig it out. Well, lo and behold, it's yellow, and has red eyes. I'm just wondering if this is normal?

There's nothing abnormal about it! It happens....I had a pair, the daddy was a pied of mainly white with a little blue while momma was all blue. They had albino, lutino, green, blue, grey, pied, etc etc.

As long as they're together and there's plenty of food available for them they're going to breed and have chicks constantly. The only way to stop them is cage them and not have a place for her to have a nest. Remember, having chicks is especially harsh on the momma and stressful for the daddy constantly feeding. The inevitable will happen if you don't stop them, either get sick and die while raising chicks or they will kill off their chicks. Many things can happen so it will be wise to cage them.

Lutino - red eyed yellow bird

Albino - red eyed white bird

Creamino - red eyed white bird with a yellow face mask to a red eyed soft creamy/buttery yellow bird

Sounds like daddy is split ino, so the chick is a female, if it is the ino gene.

Most Reactions

Back