Air purifiers for living by an oil refinery

Jul 13, 2023
Parrots
Okra: Yellow-chevroned parakeet
Hello, my parrot (10 year old white-winged parakeet) and I recently moved next to an oil refinery for the next few months. I want to make sure that my bird is safe to breathe in this house. It's a single story home with an attic I don't use. I have 2 Winex 5300 air purifiers running - 1 in the bedroom with a typical HEPA filter, another in the living room with a HEPA Smoke Guard air filter. My bird sleeps in the bedroom at night and is in the living room for the majority of the day. Will these filters be enough to filter out any potential emissions / VOCs from the oil refinery? Or is there something else that I can buy that will filter these things out? I also am keeping the windows closed and running a dehumidifier to keep it about 50% humidity as it gets pretty damp here.

I'd so appreciate any help as my anxiety is through the roof any time the air purifiers go into heavy working mode and am scared of her developing any breathing issues.

Keeping you head together starts with understanding the level of likelihood of experiencing such an event. Your anxiety is self-induced as although your likelihood of experiencing such an event is higher than mine. The likelihood is far less than many other such events. Remember that anxiety is a secondary responsive as it is likely linked with the Fight or Flight response, which you elected to choose to stay where you have a belief of a facility failure.

You can buy them, operate them and if the worst does happen, you will be requested to leave rapidly and that commonly means Now!

I would strongly recommend that you be prepared to leave rapidly with your birds! Have a plan, know where you will go with your birds, ready, in place and can be loaded and gone with in 5 to 10 minutes!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back