Aaaaa which to adopt?

Which is most loving as a companion bird?

• Quaker

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Alexandrine

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Meyer

• Senegal

• Indian ring neck

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Caique

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters
Birds are individuals, and that's really all there is to it. I'm sure there are individuals of all the species on your list that would fit your criteria. And there are some that wouldn't. A cuddly, loving baby doesn't always turn into a cuddly, loving adult, either...

My suggestion would be, if you can't make up your mind, meet several birds of those species, and choose the one you feel a real connection with. My preference is for adult birds, because then you have a pretty good idea of what you're getting (vs. a baby that may change quite a bit).

I have heard that caiques can be very, very difficult once hormones hit. But then again, I've also heard good things about them. I also think it's important to hear adults of a certain species vocalize before deciding to bring that species home. Quakers are adorable, but I can't stand their noises, for example. Never heard caiques. Senegals are supposedly fairly quiet.

Thanks guys!

I finally decided! I'm going to wait until I sell up and buy a house, in around a year, I miss my fids too much and wouldn't want to overcrowd and not get them back!

Loki, Holly and Cricket are all wanting to come home and I am horribly missing them all!! I am focusing on maybe having Loki's baby though, she is beautiful! I can play with her at moms for a while and then she can maybe move in depending on how well she adjusts.

Fids come first, not selfish thoughts, thanks

I have had tame senegals and meyers, among others and find meyers seem the softest of the two. Though they all have their good and bad points.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back