A sweet little birdie called Lovejoy ๐Ÿ’–

Well, I'll be darned...

What is a sola ball?
Amazon.com : andwe Bird Toy Sola Ball - Natural Soft Chew ...

Fun & easy to Shred Bird Toys - Sola Balls are made by air-dried natural sola plant wood, which were tied tightly as a ball and cutted by a consistent size for your pet bird to catch it as a foot toy or shred down by their beak as a chew toys.
The 'tiels aren't convinced and neither is Val, but Lovejoy and Peachie love 'em. And I just found a local website that sells them for $29 for a 10 pack - sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt!!!

It occurs to me that I never did share the very first pic I ever took of Lovejoy, on the happy day when I picked him up from his breeder and first saw his gorgeous little face!!

Baby Lovejoy then...

ljfirstpica.jpeg

... and all grown up now ...

ljtwoyrs.jpg

Little red headed rooster just gets more handsome every day!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

It occurs to me that I never did share the very first pic I ever took of Lovejoy, on the happy day when I picked him up from his breeder and first saw his gorgeous little face!!

Baby Lovejoy then...

View attachment 60379

... and all grown up now ...

View attachment 60380

Little red headed rooster just gets more handsome every day!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
Lovejoy is too cute! I never see these guys at pet stores where I live. Iโ€™m pretty under educated on Lovejoy. Iโ€™ve never seen one of these guys in person.

Lovejoy is too cute! I never see these guys at pet stores where I live. Iโ€™m pretty under educated on Lovejoy. Iโ€™ve never seen one of these guys in person.
They're still pretty rare in pet shops here. The only other one I ever saw in person was, oh probably 30 years ago now and I've wanted one ever since. His vet sees babies from breeders when they're brought in for health checks but Lovejoy's still the only "pet" varied lorikeet on their books, and they all make a fuss over him whenever they see him :)

They're still pretty rare in pet shops here. The only other one I ever saw in person was, oh probably 30 years ago now and I've wanted one ever since. His vet sees babies from breeders when they're brought in for health checks but Lovejoy's still the only "pet" varied lorikeet on their books, and they all make a fuss over him whenever they see him :)
Soโ€ฆ I have to ask, how does the nectar diet work? I adopted Nico & was immediately overwhelmed once learning about his diet. How on earth does a nectar diet work?

Soโ€ฆ I have to ask, how does the nectar diet work? I adopted Nico & was immediately overwhelmed once learning about his diet. How on earth does a nectar diet work?
Well he gets his wet nectar mix for breakfast, and then he has a dry powdered nectar available for the rest of the day. I also get native flowers like bottlebrush and grevillea for him when I can (you'd be surprised how hard they are to find sometimes!!), and he likes leafy greens like broccolini, celery and bok choy too. Not much fruit cos he just does not need the extra sugar, though I don't know that he ingests much fruit when i DO give it to him cos it seems most of it ends up on the floor!

Well, I'll be darned...

What is a sola ball?
Amazon.com : andwe Bird Toy Sola Ball - Natural Soft Chew ...

Fun & easy to Shred Bird Toys - Sola Balls are made by air-dried natural sola plant wood, which were tied tightly as a ball and cutted by a consistent size for your pet bird to catch it as a foot toy or shred down by their beak as a chew toys.
Yet another, knowledge moment on ParrotForums!!

Yet another, knowledge moment on ParrotForums!!

Here's another knowledge moment for ya, sola balls have suddenly jumped up in price!! All a matter of supply and demand I guess but it's typical, as soon as I like something either the price goes up or it's discontinued altogether!!

I was busying myself watching Julio enjoy over-seeing his Kingdom. I was amazed at the attention he placed upon the grounds that sat before him. The attention that he placed on each of those living within his realm was intently targeted for each. A moment later a Goshawk flew in on an attack flight targeting one of the chipmunks, but narrowly missed the chipmunk. Normally, Julio would have a string of response calls, but this time nothing, but intense staring, almost wonderment. The Goshawk flew-up in an attempt to catch the chipmunk on the tree, but miss again and flew-off!!

I got a huge WOW look, with a woooo and he was back to checking his kingdom.

A Goshawk missing is near an impossible event, likely a first year! That chipmunk will not be as lucky next time.

I was busying myself watching Julio enjoy over-seeing his Kingdom. I was amazed at the attention he placed upon the grounds that sat before him. The attention that he placed on each of those living within his realm was intently targeted for each. A moment later a Goshawk flew in on an attack flight targeting one of the chipmunks, but narrowly missed the chipmunk. Normally, Julio would have a string of response calls, but this time nothing, but intense staring, almost wonderment. The Goshawk flew-up in an attempt to catch the chipmunk on the tree, but miss again and flew-off!!

I got a huge WOW look, with a woooo and he was back to checking his kingdom.

A Goshawk missing is near an impossible event, likely a first year! That chipmunk will not be as lucky next time.
Sounds like "close encounters" at your place, Uncle @SailBoat!! Same here actually in recent days - you may need to zoom right in to pick what species this bird is in the blue Briz Vegas sky. As hubby quipped, "I'm just glad they're on OUR side!"
stealthbomber.jpeg

This is a beautiful photo. Lovejoy is much more photogenic than myself.
ljimhandsome.png

He's so handsome, I don't think it's possible to take a bad photo of him!!

Sounds like "close encounters" at your place, Uncle @SailBoat!! Same here actually in recent days - you may need to zoom right in to pick what species this bird is in the blue Briz Vegas sky. As hubby quipped, "I'm just glad they're on OUR side!" View attachment 61011
WOW, those guys are amazing and YES, their being on our side is really a Great Thing!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back