A little mushy?

Awwwww! So cute!

Makes me want to rush ours here! But I must be patient.

I'm not sure if mine was fledged. The breeder clipped his wings, but he flaps like he's exercising or testing them out. The vet didn't trim his nails so he has a little extra grip because he is clipped.

Let him fledge first... :D

I don't know exactly how long that takes. Hopefully he will have enough of an idea by the time he leaves the breeder? I'm afraid to have him flighted when he first arrives, and have asked the breeder to clip the wings the day before shipping. I still have time to rescend that though.

I have the harness, and once he accepts having it on, I plan to take him on walks with me. There are beautiful little pockets of woods around here, though not enough imo, that I like to enjoy when it is warm enough.

I have a harness for mine as well. Cosmo has a lot of feathers coming in so I probably won't mess with it till they do. Especially behind his neck and under his wings where the harness would be. When he lifts his wings, you see mostly down on his body with pin feathers sprouting.

Something happened to Cosmo yesterday afternoon after a morning at the vet.
Sorry pics aren't that great, had to do a selfie while holding him.
IMG_20150416_140843238.jpg

IMG_20150416_141033310.jpg

Whatever happened to Cosmo yesterday was a good thing! What a sweet little bird. Thanks for sharing.

It seems all he wants to do is come to me so I'll hold him, give him, scratches, and wants to cuddle. He'll jump on the cage door and want to come out. I don't take him out every time because I don't want him to expect that every time. He is definitely becoming a Velcro bird. :) Went out and picked up some PVC and stuff to build a play stand. That way he can be in the living room with me and hopefully will be entertained some of the time. Still hasn't really played with any toys yet. Introduced him to balls, foot toys, and such. Either he just pecks at it and isn't interested or he looks at it like it's going to eat him. Lol

He's really come around fast, and you must be loving it! :D Perhaps it was the magical vet visit? LOL.

Don't forget to share your creation, ok?

Will do! Still a little nervous until I get the test results back. Yeah it seemed like a "magical" vet visit. He probably was just all confused and stressed from the plane trip. He seems to get more and more comfortable and curious each day. Today I ate lunch next to him and he climbed the side of the cage and exercised his vocal abilities. :) Every time he squawked, I would say "Is that so?" And he kept doing it like he was talking to me. Too bad I couldn't share my lunch with him. Had to stop and get a fast food burger. With onions and salty fries. Not good for birdies or me for that matter. :)

I have a harness for mine as well. Cosmo has a lot of feathers coming in so I probably won't mess with it till they do. Especially behind his neck and under his wings where the harness would be. When he lifts his wings, you see mostly down on his body with pin feathers sprouting.

With him so young and everything so new, you have a perfect window to start the harness training!
Beautiful baby! Could cause me to fall victim to MBS!

With him so young and everything so new, you have a perfect window to start the harness training!
Beautiful baby! Could cause me to fall victim to MBS!

I'm just concerned it would be uncomfortable for him and make a bad experience with all the feathers coming in.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back