A little bit of Bella

The poor thing, he must be in pain.
I think he needs a certified avian vet to correct the problem.
Well I got my little guys Toenails taken care of . No " Exotic Vets " around me . I found one an Hour & a Half away . $190.00 , and they take your parrot and you wait outside in the parking lot until they call you on your phone. We had to wait for 4 Hours ! They said his nail was Not grown into his foot But Very close ( Relief ) . Also told me I had to change his toys Daily , I believe this may be for Amazons etc. But Not for Greys . I think it takes Greys time to get used to new things . It took him 3 weeks to get trusting of his new cage & toys . But I ordered more new toys from chewy , also getting him onto pellets . I was worried he was in a pet carrier crate from 5:30 till 12:30 . But His nails are done ! And I hope doing Better .

Bella has her tail light on.
20240816_091846.jpg

Well I got my little guys Toenails taken care of . No " Exotic Vets " around me . I found one an Hour & a Half away . $190.00 , and they take your parrot and you wait outside in the parking lot until they call you on your phone. We had to wait for 4 Hours ! They said his nail was Not grown into his foot But Very close ( Relief ) . Also told me I had to change his toys Daily , I believe this may be for Amazons etc. But Not for Greys . I think it takes Greys time to get used to new things . It took him 3 weeks to get trusting of his new cage & toys . But I ordered more new toys from chewy , also getting him onto pellets . I was worried he was in a pet carrier crate from 5:30 till 12:30 . But His nails are done ! And I hope doing Better .
What an ordeal.
But glad it’s all taken care of.

Yah that every day toy thing is a bit much.

My Bella is very fearful of new stuff and only plays a little with one or two toys.

She has a blind ( like a deer blind) of hanging toys at one end of her cage. She likes to hide behind them and she can see us but we really can’t see her.
If I changed them around she would be very upset.
Even though she doesn’t play with them.

During Covid the veterinary around here did the wait in the car thing.
I really hated that.
But I don’t think they are doing it still.

It does have one advantage.

My birds (not all) would get upset and panicked just sitting in the waiting room because of the other predators (cats & dogs). Staying in the car with you keeping them calm is not such a bad deal considering the alternative.

During Covid the veterinary around here did the wait in the car thing.
I really hated that.
But I don’t think they are doing it still.

It does have one advantage.

My birds (not all) would get upset and panicked just sitting in the waiting room because of the other predators (cats & dogs). Staying in the car with you keeping them calm is not such a bad deal considering the alternative.
No they took my Bird inside , I waited outside from 7:00 till 11:15 while He was inside alone in a Crate . When they had COVID - I have an English Mastiff and they would Not let me inside they came out back for his Vaccinations . And He's Jealous of the Parrot , and probably because I give attention to the Parrot " Rocky " , besides He doesn't like Birds , they're Not even allowed to land in my Yard .

Bella is into her hormonal season.
We have had her nearly 8 years and the first 2/3 were prepubescent/ non hormonal.
I. Have not been able to get a firm timetable with her.
My Amazon’s are fairly reliable in timing.

She has been very…….fixated in getting inside the kitchen cupboards. We can’t keep her away and she is destroying the wood work. I am afraid we may be forced into keeping her caged more often.

She gave my son a nasty bite for no apparent reason.

Bella is into her hormonal season.
We have had her nearly 8 years and the first 2/3 were prepubescent/ non hormonal.
I. Have not been able to get a firm timetable with her.
My Amazon’s are fairly reliable in timing.

She has been very…….fixated in getting inside the kitchen cupboards. We can’t keep her away and she is destroying the wood work. I am afraid we may be forced into keeping her caged more often.

She gave my son a nasty bite for no apparent reason.
I think my " Rocky " the little Timneh Grey was affected , the other Day while holding Him He started doing a Little Dance Fluffing up and Dropping His wings , Dragging and Rubbing on Me Doing a Little Dance . No Regurgitation .

I think my " Rocky " the little Timneh Grey was affected , the other Day while holding Him He started doing a Little Dance Fluffing up and Dropping His wings , Dragging and Rubbing on Me Doing a Little Dance . No Regurgitation .
From what I have seen on video male African grey’s are harder to deal with when hormonal than female grey’s.

Bella is definitely trying to find a nesting spot and she regurgitate only to my wife. But there is none of the …..posturing, you know the drooping wings and trying to mate with someone/something..

Most Reactions

Back