teanhoneytiel.

Apr 20, 2024
Parrots
2 Cockatiels
Hello! My cockatiel Tea just got home from the vet. She was egg bound and had the egg removed. I’m worried about her because her follow up papers say to look out for any straining, and she has been straining every 3-5 minutes since she’s been home, and occasionally making small chirps or squeaks when she does. i've had her for about an hour, and she’s pooped twice and one was stuck to the feathers around her butt. The vet said if she’s still straining in about an hour that I should probably bring her back- however i just spent almost 3k on the procedure and i am very broke. Is this behavior normal after an extration like that? she had it done about 12 hours ago and they sent me home saying she was doing all good.
what are some other things i should keep an eye out for while monitoring her? i’m very nervous for her since she has a bit of a track record of getting in trouble like this lol

any tips or help will be greatly appreciated, trying to avoid stressing her out with going back to the vet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts