LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I’m back! Ona had a great stay with her sitter and we had a wonderful trip! Ona was not mad at me at all when I picked her up! I think the calendar I drew her actually worked! She immediately went to my shoulder and was very happy to see me.

The bird sitter discovered she loves little sweet peppers so adding those to her snack list.

IMG_5486.jpeg

Here’s some photos from my trip:

IMG_5407.jpeg
IMG_5384.jpeg
IMG_5306.jpeg
IMG_5240.jpeg
IMG_5154.jpeg

IMG_5341.jpeg

And flock of wild IRN!

IMG_5469.jpeg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Wow, that's absolutely gorgeous! And welcome back! :) I'm so happy Ona wasn't mad and was happy to see you. :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome back @onamom and Ona!! I'm glad to see everyone safely home and that you all had a wonderful vacay!! Oh those pics are GLORIOUS, and Ona is looking prettier than ever, having resumed her spot at the top of your household pecking order 💝

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Welcome back @onamom and Ona!! I'm glad to see everyone safely home and that you all had a wonderful vacay!! Oh those pics are GLORIOUS, and Ona is looking prettier than ever, having resumed her spot at the top of your household pecking order 💝
Oh yes, it truly didn’t feel like home until she was there! She’s been extra clingy today and doesn’t want me out of her sight. She is also demanding I make up for her scritchin debt. It may take me years to pay off those missed scritchins…

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh yes, it truly didn’t feel like home until she was there! She’s been extra clingy today and doesn’t want me out of her sight. She is also demanding I make up for her scritchin debt. It may take me years to pay off those missed scritchins…
And that, my friend, is a debt I know you'll be more than happy to pay, no matter how long it may take 💖

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Gosh I almost didn't realize how much I missed her until I was home again. I am just completely head over heels for that little birdie. You ever feel like you can't love something any more than you already do and then suddenly.... there she is. She is my ❤️

IMG_5492.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuuuuuuuuup, I know that feeling only too well. Just one look at that sweet little face and your heart melts into a puddle. And it's a good thing she and my Peachie are not together in the one place, the world would be in danger of imploding from sheer sweet girlie overload!! 🥰🥰🥰

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona tried to feed me today :love: I was working and she flew over, dropped a giant piece of birdie bread on my laptop, then flew off! I mean it DID get crumbs in my keyboard but I can't really be mad at her for bringing me a snack.

Also here is a video of little miss singing her heart out:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Ona tried to feed me today :love: I was working and she flew over, dropped a giant piece of birdie bread on my laptop, then flew off! I mean it DID get crumbs in my keyboard but I can't really be mad at her for bringing me a snack.

Awwwwwwwwwwww good girlie, Ona, for keeping your mum well fed while she's working hard. 11 out of 10 for effort there, and for keeping you entertained with her pretty singing voice too, she's such a little sweetie! 😍

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Trick or tweet
Kiss my feets
Give me some good seeds to eat

🎃

View attachment 55416
Awwwwwwwwwww those feets are so sweets!! Hope she's accepting kisses from Australia cos here they come - mwah mwah MWAH!!! 😘😘😘

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
I’ve decided what our next big trick will be and I’m so excited! Flying through a hoop. We started tonight and off to a great start! Can’t wait!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I’ve decided what our next big trick will be and I’m so excited! Flying through a hoop. We started tonight and off to a great start! Can’t wait!
Oh that'll be spectacular, can't wait to see her do it!! 😍

DonnaBudgie

Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

She's a regular chatterbox! Her voice sounds like a talking budgie does. Kinda computer generated. If you listen carefully you can make out words. You should get a little microphone and put it near her face when she chatters. Like on the end of a pen type thing.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
She's a regular chatterbox! Her voice sounds like a talking budgie does. Kinda computer generated. If you listen carefully you can make out words. You should get a little microphone and put it near her face when she chatters. Like on the end of a pen type thing.
I should! She’d probably just try to eat it though.

I like trying to listen for words when she sings. I usually hear “bird” in there. My husband and I have a song we sing her that goes “Ona bird-bird-bird, Ona’s a bird, bird-bird-bird, bur-bur-bur bur bird…” and she tries to sing it sometimes.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Progress!

Edit: if anyone tries to teach this, note this is not step 1. This is step 3 in our training process.

Last edited:

DonnaBudgie

Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Still more to do! Increasing the distance, getting her more comfortable with it, and there’s always smaller hoops!
That's very impressive! I hope she's not going to graduate to a flaming ring!
Is that a metal ring? Do you have plastic ones in the colors Ona has learned? You should eventually set up three rings and teach her to fly through them, like. "Ona, fly through the BLUE ring"!
you should eventually set up her own u-tube account.

Most Reactions

Latest posts