My Parrot's Poop Seems A Bit OFF!

PauliDeAlex

Apr 25, 2024
Sri Lanka
Parrots
Alexandrine Parakeet
Hi everyone, so I have this young parrot, 3 weeks till now, he has been happily living with me all this far, and my family and I take care of it very well. We give is a mush of water and mixed grains, like a paste(A bit watered down one of course, to ensure it isn't very thick). We give it a multi-vitamin which is supposed to help it grow.
So here is the problem, you guys know the white stuff in bird poop right, the urates? Well they used to be a clogged up small bit of the poop but now they seem to look like some threads, and that made me alarmed and so I write this thread!
PLEASE HELP GUYS! I HAVE LISTED PHOTOS OF THE PARROT AND THE POOP I HAD MENTIONED ABOVE! AND I AM REALLY SORRY IF THE IMAGE IS BLURRY!
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-25 at 21.11.24_29bc1005.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-04-25 at 21.11.25_c3f240ca.jpg

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
PLease see if you can obtain actual Baby Parrot Formula, instead of the home made version you are using. That will contain all the baby needs, including vitamins, to grow your baby. Follow the directions on the container, especially the temperature, which is CRITICAL for baby parrots!

Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Yuko [M] - Yellow headed Budgie. [Healthy, Tame.]
Snowii [F] - BV dilute opaline lovebird. [Healthy, hand-raised.]
Luna [F] - Indigo budgie. [RIP,.]
When i was hand raising my lovebird, one day we ran out of baby bird formula. there was a great recipe for baby parrots - Take powdered oats, half a boiled egg, and a little water to ensure it isnt too thick. put them all in the blender and mix, you can add water to ensure thickness- my baby bird actually liked this formula better than the store-bought one, but like wrench13 said, try to find a formula rather than this home remedy- if not possible, then try this homemade formula.

Most Reactions

Latest posts