My conure is driving me CRAZY

Jan 21, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
For the past two days, my conure wont stop screaming!!! Heā€™s usually completely quiet but now there isnā€™t a second he is quiet. Iā€™m going INSANE. When he isnā€™t screaming, heā€™s doing his ā€œdesperate for attentionā€ chirps which he used to only do in place of screaming when I left. He already went through his hormonal phase so unless itā€™s possible to relapse, I doubt thatā€™s the case. Could it be because heā€™s off of his routine on the weekend? On the weekends my mom wakes him and feeds him so I can sleep in and I donā€™t go to school so everything in his schedule is pushed forward and quite unpredictable.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
You do know that mating season comes round 1x a year, right? ANd not all seasons are the same. My little amazon had a very mild puberty, but holy cow, his first real mating season was TERRIBLE! And, 7 years later, THIS year is proving pretty strong too, and long! Just try to remember - this too shall pass.

OP
I
Jan 21, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
You do know that mating season comes round 1x a year, right? ANd not all seasons are the same. My little amazon had a very mild puberty, but holy cow, his first real mating season was TERRIBLE! And, 7 years later, THIS year is proving pretty strong too, and long! Just try to remember - this too shall pass.
I mean for this year. Like he already went through the whole mating season and went back to normal.

Most Reactions

Latest posts