Introducing The New Adventures Of Princess Peach!! πŸ’

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, that Peachemon (Pokepeach? Princessmon?) is perfectly adorable.
TGC... the Rickeybird is wretchedly envious when other birds get attention. Please help me preserve my domestic bliss by making a Pokemon card for him! He is selfish, mean, messy and prideful, but other than that, is a great companion...

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Oh, that Peachemon (Pokepeach? Princessmon?) is perfectly adorable.
TGC... the Rickeybird is wretchedly envious when other birds get attention. Please help me preserve my domestic bliss by making a Pokemon card for him! He is selfish, mean, messy and prideful, but other than that, is a great companion...
Lol! I can do that! Just send me the photo you want! ❀️

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm so glad you liked that card! Peachie sure is special! Your one lucky person! To own such a beautiful thing as peachie!
Thank you, @TeekoGreenCheek! Believe me I do know how lucky I am to have found Peachie the way I did! Can you believe someone bought her then took her back to the shop because they had some sort of "problem" with her?? Can't imagine why, she's such a sweet little thing, but I'm glad they did or I wouldn't have her! πŸ’– πŸ’– πŸ’–

Oh and this morning she moulted out another one of those implanted wing feathers and I've noticed she's growing one of her own in place of one of the others she lost a while ago. Happy days for Peachie and for me! πŸ₯°

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Ok, so you know how sometimes you walk into a shop meaning to buy one thing, and you come away with something totally different? Well, that happened to me just this last Saturday.

Hubby and i went grocery shopping, but before that we needed to go to the hardware store, which just happens to be right beside a pet store. Lovejoy needed some more lorikeet food, so we popped into the pet store to grab that, and in doing so we saw this ...

HcN6Ema.jpg

... a sweet little princess parrot with, horror of horrors, a single wing clip. I SO wanted to buy her on the spot, but for starters we already have a flock of four, and we'd need to buy her a new cage for which we really have neither the budget nor the floor space in our small house for, plus the extra vet bills and all sorts of other unknowable considerations. I left the pet store in tears, subsequently cried my way around the grocery store, and when I got home I spent the afternoon doing the maths and the geometry in my head, trying to think of ways to make it work, so that maybe I could find a way to be able to bring her home after all. Finally I decided, you know what, there are dozens of reasons why I shouldn't do it, but only one reason why I should, and that reason is pictured below. So may I please introduce you all to the newest and most unexpected member of our family, the very beautiful and completely adorable Princess Peach!!

fFbNypg.jpg

It's only very early days, but she has slotted in with our existing flock very well, and she is already COMPLETELY besotted with Lovejoy!! She has been to my avian vet for a check up and has so far tested negative to a lot of health conditions that are fairly common in princess parrots here, but I'm still waiting on the results of a test for psittacosis which may take 3 weeks or so to come back. I am accustomed to getting results of that test within 24 hours but apparently the one and only lab in the world that made those tests doesn't make them anymore, and the remaining PCR test takes much longer to get a result. So as my vet is fairly sure she either has something lurking now or has had it in her recent past, for both her and the rest of my flock's safety we have started her on a 6 week course of antibiotic injections to combat anything current or lingering. I have also had her vet perform a feather implant procedure to restore her wing - shockingly enough she was able to fly pretty well even with that awful clip but she would never have been able to keep up with the rest of the flock and may have done herself a terrible injury had she tried to do so. Here's a pic of her having just had her implant done (with a BIG shout out to Dr Adrian and the team at Brisbane Bird Vet, they always do amazing work!) ...

fMM97Ol.jpg

... and another from today, with her wing restored!

mCcGmBs.jpg

Now, as to her name, naturally there's more backstory behind that too. According to the store, they sold her to someone else prior to me, and they were the ones who named her Peach. Apparently however, they returned her to the store because they were unable to "manage" her, I have no idea what they meant by that, perhaps it may have been because she is actually VERY NOISY for such a little bird. It's not constant screaming, but a very loud contact call is a feature of her species, so perhaps that was a factor. I've decided to stick with her name because it actually does suit her, and given her species it's pretty much inevitable that "Princess" would get tagged onto it. I *was* gonna leave out the Super Mario "Toadstool" bit but the more I think about it, that's pretty cute too! She's had a rough start to life, and I can't help but wonder if a certain other "Princess" might just have made me take a detour into that pet shop on Saturday, the whole thing certainly seems to have Lilly's magical little claw prints all over it ✨
Hi LaManuka

I have been researching and thinking about what parrot would best suit me and Shifty my cockatiel. After much consideration I think a princess parrot would be ideal for me. I live in Australia and see that they are easy to find where i live and not too expensive. I read that they have a nice quiet nature and would suit being with a cockatiel.

So seeing you have had one for a while now what is your opinion of the princess parrot? Give me the good and the bad please

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi LaManuka

I have been researching and thinking about what parrot would best suit me and Shifty my cockatiel. After much consideration I think a princess parrot would be ideal for me. I live in Australia and see that they are easy to find where i live and not too expensive. I read that they have a nice quiet nature and would suit being with a cockatiel.

So seeing you have had one for a while now what is your opinion of the princess parrot? Give me the good and the bad please

Oh geeezzzzz, honestly I would be hard pressed to think of anything "bad" about Peachie! But she's just one bird, and while there are lots of things that princess parrots would have in common within their species, it's going to boil down to each individual personality. And how that personality gets along with any individual cockatiel too! She interacts ok with my 'tiels for the most part but they do squabble on occasion. Both my 'tiels are roosters and she's a hen so I don't know if that's a factor. She steps up most of the time and doesn't mind kisses, but she's not cuddly and doesn't like scratches, and from what I can gather that's a fairly common trait with them. She's not particularly noisy, she chirps quite happily quite a bit during the day but she does have a VERY LOUD contact call! She doesn't use it much, mostly when she's excited about something or when I've had to lock her in her cage while I go do housework in another room or something like that, i will hear ALL ABOUT IT!!!! In fact I wonder if that was the reason why she was returned to the shop where I got her, maybe they thought she'd just be a pretty bird they could keep caged up all day and she most certainly is not, so I can imagine she would've protested about that at top note!!! I'm not sure if a rooster would be louder, I do think some people would find that call quite grating but it actually doesn't bother me one bit, I quite enjoy it when she screams her little head off because she's excited and happy about stuff!

As I say, individual results will vary, but Peachie's very sweet natured (other than going the biff occasionally with the 'tiels!), she's goofy and funny, I love her to bits and I really am very glad that i got her πŸ’–

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Oh geeezzzzz, honestly I would be hard pressed to think of anything "bad" about Peachie! But she's just one bird, and while there are lots of things that princess parrots would have in common within their species, it's going to boil down to each individual personality. And how that personality gets along with any individual cockatiel too! She interacts ok with my 'tiels for the most part but they do squabble on occasion. Both my 'tiels are roosters and she's a hen so I don't know if that's a factor. She steps up most of the time and doesn't mind kisses, but she's not cuddly and doesn't like scratches, and from what I can gather that's a fairly common trait with them. She's not particularly noisy, she chirps quite happily quite a bit during the day but she does have a VERY LOUD contact call! She doesn't use it much, mostly when she's excited about something or when I've had to lock her in her cage while I go do housework in another room or something like that, i will hear ALL ABOUT IT!!!! In fact I wonder if that was the reason why she was returned to the shop where I got her, maybe they thought she'd just be a pretty bird they could keep caged up all day and she most certainly is not, so I can imagine she would've protested about that at top note!!! I'm not sure if a rooster would be louder, I do think some people would find that call quite grating but it actually doesn't bother me one bit, I quite enjoy it when she screams her little head off because she's excited and happy about stuff!

As I say, individual results will vary, but Peachie's very sweet natured (other than going the biff occasionally with the 'tiels!), she's goofy and funny, I love her to bits and I really am very glad that i got her πŸ’–
I understand that we can't attribute traits and characteristics to a whole species as they are individuals and vary in character. We can only generalise and speak from our own experiences.
The more I consider the princess parrot the more I think it's the perfect choice for me. I will probably get one after Christmas. I see there are different colour mutations but I'm not too fussed about that, I'll choose one that's available using my little guide to buying a pet bird which I've made up along the way (Might start a thread on that)
Thanks for sharing your opinion and experience it is much appreciated

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I understand that we can't attribute traits and characteristics to a whole species as they are individuals and vary in character. We can only generalise and speak from our own experiences.
The more I consider the princess parrot the more I think it's the perfect choice for me. I will probably get one after Christmas. I see there are different colour mutations but I'm not too fussed about that, I'll choose one that's available using my little guide to buying a pet bird which I've made up along the way (Might start a thread on that)
Thanks for sharing your opinion and experience it is much appreciated
You're most welcome! I hope it works out well for you and your princess. Or prince!

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
You're most welcome! I hope it works out well for you and your princess. Or prince!
I tried to introduce a princess parrot that wasnt hand reared to my old flock and it didn't go well, I had to rehome the princess parrot.
That was about 15 years ago. Hopefully it will be better this time around introducing a hand reared pricess parrot

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I tried to introduce a princess parrot that wasnt hand reared to my old flock and it didn't go well, I had to rehome the princess parrot.
That was about 15 years ago. Hopefully it will be better this time around introducing a hand reared pricess parrot
I think perhaps hand-raising of princess parrots was not done so much in the past, as they've been historically more commonly kept as aviary birds, but that's changing as they're becoming more popular as indoor companion parrots. :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I am just so very lucky, Peachie serenades me like this in the middle of the afternoons most days, and i just love her sweet chirpings!! Unfortunately this vid does not contain her full on contact call, not that the full volume of it would translate well here anyway, but I love the way she just twitters away to herself for a good half hour or so, before she gets back to the serious business of chasing her handsome red-headed boyfriend! πŸ’–

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I am just so very lucky, Peachie serenades me like this in the middle of the afternoons most days, and i just love her sweet chirpings!! Unfortunately this vid does not contain her full on contact call, not that the full volume of it would translate well here anyway, but I love the way she just twitters away to herself for a good half hour or so, before she gets back to the serious business of chasing her handsome red-headed boyfriend! πŸ’–

Zenek answered Peachie and then he was listening to her :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Zenek answered Peachie and then he was listening to her :)
Awwwwwwwwww, that's cute!! I'm sure Peachie has room in her life for another boyfriend, especially one as handsome as Zenek!! 😍

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Julio had an ear on what Peachie was singing, while he was letting the Turkeys, know that they where not welcomed in his Kingdom, especially those areas that had been exposed as a result of several old and dying trees along the Northside being removed. Their removal on Tuesday had attracted every ground feeder in the area to check out what the loose soil had to offer.

He would fly to the East Windows and command that the turnkeys leave and then back to the living room to listen a bit more to Peachie than back to denouncing the turkeys.

It has been a busy week forJulio as the large invasions of Humans in his Kingdom and their interference with his late morning nap followed by a near steady stream of deer wandering thru flashing they inspector tails, rabbits, crows, any number of mid-small birds and near every turkey in the region! Well, Julio must have had his fill and called in the Red Tailed Hawks as by midafternoon, Julio was happy with the return of peace to his Kindom!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Julio had an ear on what Peachie was singing, while he was letting the Turkeys, know that they where not welcomed in his Kingdom, especially those areas that had been exposed as a result of several old and dying trees along the Northside being removed. Their removal on Tuesday had attracted every ground feeder in the area to check out what the loose soil had to offer.

He would fly to the East Windows and command that the turnkeys leave and then back to the living room to listen a bit more to Peachie than back to denouncing the turkeys.

It has been a busy week forJulio as the large invasions of Humans in his Kingdom and their interference with his late morning nap followed by a near steady stream of deer wandering thru flashing they inspector tails, rabbits, crows, any number of mid-small birds and near every turkey in the region! Well, Julio must have had his fill and called in the Red Tailed Hawks as by midafternoon, Julio was happy with the return of peace to his Kindom!
Oh wow, Uncle Boats, it sounds like Julio has had a pretty intense week, keeping control of all the invaders into his Kingdom! Good thing he's got those red tailed hawks to help keep everyone in line, and I'm so glad that Peachie's ethereal warblings were able to inject some peace into his Realm as well πŸ’–

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels

Ahh that's so cool I can't wait to get a princess parrot I hope it sings as nicely as yours

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Ahh that's so cool I can't wait to get a princess parrot I hope it sings as nicely as yours
Yeah she’s a lovely little singer, and I like to kid myself that she’s singing for me, but I’m pretty sure it’s got a lot more to do with that little red rooster!!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Awwwwwwwwww, that's cute!! I'm sure Peachie has room in her life for another boyfriend, especially one as handsome as Zenek!! 😍
Better not - two boyfriends? it wouldn't be royal towards Lovejoy... unless they all are polyamory
(what am I talking about.... I know it was just a joke)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

Awwwwww, Peachie, I could listen to you all day! β™₯️

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Better not - two boyfriends? it wouldn't be royal towards Lovejoy... unless they all are polyamory
(what am I talking about.... I know it was just a joke)

Yeah, Peachie is loyal to Lovejoy alright. But for a handsome rooster like Zenek, she might just be prepared to make an exception! ;)

Awwwwww, Peachie, I could listen to you all day! β™₯️
Right??? I dream of being able to hear them in the wild, I think it would be the most beautiful thing to hear those angelic trilling voices drifting across the vast emptiness of the Never Never! But they're elusive and nomadic and their range is so huge, and they are sadly quite rare now so my chances of that are pretty much nil. But it's a dream I have ... πŸ’–

Cute Peachie pic for tax, she's just such a pretty girlie!!

cutepeachie.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts