Harrison's vs Roudybush

Snow2023

Aug 15, 2023
Parrots
Budgies
So I have been trying to figure out the best of the best for budgie pellets and these two brands keep coming up: Harrison's and Roudybush. So I am asking now which is better and am asking to see which ones you guys use and why if you have a specific reason.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Harrisons is considered better then Roudybush, HOWEVER, the best pellet is the one your parrot will readily eat. I tried Tops (best), Harrisons (2nd best) and Roudybush (3rd or 4th) but the Roudybush is what he ate, so for us, thats the best pellet. NO sense serving the very best, top quality, $$$ pellet, if it all winds up on the floor or at the bottom of the cage.

What ver you try, make sure a) to change slowly over time. Not abruptly changing foods and b) try to get him to eat fresh veggie "chop", which is hands down the best food for parrots. Chop and pellets as main foods, with a little fruits and even less seed and nuts. Thats what to aim for . Budgies, which are granivores can have a higher % of seeds.

Jan 12, 2024
Parrots
Sparky- yellow and green budgie
Niko- white bellied caique
Knox- blue and yellow budgie (RIP)
Cicero- blue and white budgie (RIP)
RoudyBush is cheaper, and my budgie and caique both prefer it over Harrisons’s. It really depends on your budget and what your bird prefers. Both are healthy options though

Most Reactions

Latest posts