LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
This is so cute!!!!
Yeah, he's AWFULLY cute when he's bouncy :love: I may never catch the cutest of his antics though cos he so often stops them and flies over to me the moment he sees the camera :rolleyes: His latest trick is he's learned to mimic a few of Peachie's sounds, first he learned that affectionate "clucky" sound she makes at him - not surprising cos he hears that A LOT!! And today for the first time I heard him making her contact call, not as loudly as she does but it's a VERY good copy of it. I'm still trying to get some recordings of those though, for the abovementioned reasons!

And for birdy tax - I DO love the way that blazing red head positively glows in the sun ๐Ÿ’–

IMG_1246.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Why Yes! I am truly magnificat!! You are so very lucky!!
Yes I AM very lucky to have him, Uncle @SailBoat, and the little red rooster never fails to remind me of it every single day! ;) ๐Ÿ’–

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I have always wondered what a sugar driven feather friend would be like!
Now I know!!
Mr Boats, my flock is 5 in number, but as one of them is a lorikeet it's probably the equivalent of having a total of 8 in the house! That little red headed maniac is trouble with a capital "T", but trouble of the best kind ๐Ÿ’–

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Iโ€™ll NEVER get it on video, but Lovejoy was recreating that clucky sound of Peachieโ€™s so well this morning, I was SO confused when I looked round to see it was coming from him and not her! Not nearly as confused as Val though cos he was making that sound at him!!

And someone is looking mighty fierce and fiery in the morning sun ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
IMG_1340.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
LoveJoy in morning Sunlight with Human range of color is brilliant!! In ultra-violent it must off the charts!!

Poor Val!!
I was trying to find an app or something online that might convert the image to UV with no luck, so the "solarizing" effect on this one that @Rozalka posted a while ago was as close as I could get. I wonder if this is what they might look like in the UV range?

ljsolarized.png

Rozzy's pretty smart though, she might know of an app that can convert an image to UV. I reckon they'd look pretty spectacular in the wild, my bird vet regularly takes trips up north and sees them in their natural range - I would LOVE to do that some day!!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I was trying to find an app or something online that might convert the image to UV with no luck, so the "solarizing" effect on this one that @Rozalka posted a while ago was as close as I could get. I wonder if this is what they might look like in the UV range?

View attachment 55158

Rozzy's pretty smart though, she might know of an app that can convert an image to UV. I reckon they'd look pretty spectacular in the wild, my bird vet regularly takes trips up north and sees them in their natural range - I would LOVE to do that some day!!
Right now I am a bit confused because I never posted such thing ๐Ÿ˜… (edit: maybe you meant color revert - it has nothing to do with UV, it's just opposite colors)

Also, I remember that I was trying to find something like you are looking for but I couldn't find such thing, so I can't help

Another thing is that even images which "show" UV actually don't show it because we can't see how UV looks like - it's something like trying to imagine how green looks like when you can see just black-and-white.
Also, I think that if you want to "see" UV, it can't be any photo but idk... while studying we were using photos from radars (I think) to be able to "see" infrared (sadly we were using just infrared - I guess with ultraviolet it could work the same but there was no even such option in the program)

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Right now I am a bit confused because I never posted such thing ๐Ÿ˜…

Also, I remember that I was trying to find something like you are looking for but I couldn't find such thing, so I can't help

Another thing is that even images which "show" UV actually don't show it because we can't see how UV looks like - it's something like trying to imagine how green looks like when you can see just black-and-white.
Also, I think that if you want to "see" UV, it can't be any photo but idk... while studying we were using photos from radars (I think) to be able to "see" infrared (sadly we were using just infrared - I guess with ultraviolet it could work the same but there was no even such option in the program)
Awwwwwwwww Rozzy, you remember, you posted a link to that program in this thread of yours from a while ago ...

I just used the "solarize" function instead of the "invert" one for Lovejoy's pic. I don't think it's anything like what he would look like if we really could see into the UV spectrum, but it's a fun program to use! I just did one using the "invert" function, but I think the "solarize" one suits Lovejoy a lot better :)

ljinvert.png

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Awwwwwwwww Rozzy, you remember, you posted a link to that program in this thread of yours from a while ago ...

I just used the "solarize" function instead of the "invert" one for Lovejoy's pic. I don't think it's anything like what he would look like if we really could see into the UV spectrum, but it's a fun program to use! I just did one using the "invert" function, but I think the "solarize" one suits Lovejoy a lot better :)

View attachment 55161
ah, it explains everything - I was so confused because I didn't know that there were other options and your results didn't look like color invert ๐Ÿ˜…

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
And than reality hits really hard!! Being color blind, really sucks!!
Well Mr Boats I didn't know if I was seeing things or hearing things or BOTH this morning!! I heard Peachie's voice coming at me from behind, up on the ledge above the kitchen door, looked 'round and it's the little red rooster mimicking her contact call EXACTLY!! My poor brain took a good few seconds to reconcile her voice coming out of his beak, I'm sure he does it deliberately to confuse the hell outta me. Not that it takes much to do THAT these daze!! :rolleyes:๐Ÿ˜

Birdy pix for tax - the eyes (and the fuzz) have it this morning!!
IMG_1359.jpeg

IMG_1355.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
That brings the question to the forefront!!

Does Peachie's return the contact call, or come looking for her competition??
Oh she comes lookin' alright. Lookin' for a little Lovejoy lovin' that is! ;) โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ”ฅ

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
"Feelin' cute, might just fly over to Dad and try to land on his face and see if I can't rip it open with my tiny talons - what do y'all think??!"

ljfeelincute.jpg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
That portrait of innocence? No way! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
That portrait of innocence? No way! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Way!! He did leave two tiny little scratch marks just under his dad's eye! Seems warning shots have been fired!! :eek:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Yeah, he's AWFULLY cute when he's bouncy :love: I may never catch the cutest of his antics though cos he so often stops them and flies over to me the moment he sees the camera :rolleyes: His latest trick is he's learned to mimic a few of Peachie's sounds, first he learned that affectionate "clucky" sound she makes at him - not surprising cos he hears that A LOT!! And today for the first time I heard him making her contact call, not as loudly as she does but it's a VERY good copy of it. I'm still trying to get some recordings of those though, for the abovementioned reasons!

And for birdy tax - I DO love the way that blazing red head positively glows in the sun ๐Ÿ’–

View attachment 55035
Oh, my gawwwd! PLEASE send this photo someplace... National Geographic? One of the bird magazines? It is exquisite!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh, my gawwwd! PLEASE send this photo someplace... National Geographic? One of the bird magazines? It is exquisite!!
Lordy Aunty G, donโ€™t let the little red headed rooster hear you say that, heโ€™s full of himself enough as it is!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts