Youtube is NOT my friend. (MBS)

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Ive watched baby bird videos before.........

but...........!!!!!!!!

OMG BABY MACAWS ARE THE CUTEST THINGS IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!! EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!! :jumping40

I just wanna reach through the screen and hold one and love it and kiss it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IKIlbXYcJg"]new baby blue & gold macaws 4/19/09 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtR-M7nihno"]Baby Greenwing Macaw Being Hand Fed at Golden Cockatoo - YouTube[/ame]

Very cute, though not sure how I feel about them keeping the babies in plastic drawers?! Seems a bit mean and terribly unnatural for them to be isolated in a plastic bin, but who knows, I'm not a breeder.

From what I understand... Babies can't perch so they usually spend their time in small aquariums, Rubbermaid totes, basically plastic bins until they are old enough to graduate to the floor of a big boy cage. They usually get to take their blankies with them from the tote though. :)

From what I understand... Babies can't perch so they usually spend their time in small aquariums, Rubbermaid totes, basically plastic bins until they are old enough to graduate to the floor of a big boy cage. They usually get to take their blankies with them from the tote though. :)

I've seen photos of baby birds before in bins, but never where they are isolated with nothing soft to snuggle. They usually seem to be kept with their siblings, or at last a stuffed toy or even a towel/blanket (which I can understand doing, to simulate a nest)! Something a little more natural though for them. Seems like it could be mentally damaging for a baby parrot of that age to be totally isolated, spending it's time enclosed in 'frosted' plastic drawer, sitting on a metal grate, no siblings, nothing soft, nothing to snuggle up to.... Reminds me of those documentaries of orphanages in other countries where the babies are in metal cribs in a big white room with nothing soft, comforting or stimulating:(

Yep.

It's baby big mac season...

Wendy's got two blue throats available, and she has red fronts on eggs...

With more on the way, no doubt.

Most Reactions

Back