Yellow Collared Macaw

Davidcsky

Apr 22, 2014
Malta
Parrots
Barney, Quaker Parakeet who joined us as a 4 week old baby on the 15th July 2013 & Mannie, Alexandrine Parakeet who joined us as a 4 week old baby on the 8th of April 2014
Hi, do you have info on the Yellow Collared Macaw and any idea if they are commonly kept as fids especially in Europe, as I cannot seem to find any breeders in Europe who have this kind of mini macaw.

Thanks

They're good birds, but were not exported in large numbers, and are therefore harder to find.

One of the best tempered mini macs out there, actually, in my opinion.

They're good birds, but were not exported in large numbers, and are therefore harder to find.

One of the best tempered mini macs out there, actually, in my opinion.

I have heard this from several people now.....and the owners of my local parrot store love them and have steered me to them.

I should add that I've only been able to find breeders in the states with pairs, no eggs or chicks found in my searches.

Thanks Guys,

im "hunting" my last fid and want this to be the "perfect" species. right now, i am between this kind of macaw (which is smaller thus more practical) and an umbrella too (which has been in my wishlist for ages) thanks for the heads up once again :)

Thanks Guys,

im "hunting" my last fid and want this to be the "perfect" species. right now, i am between this kind of macaw (which is smaller thus more practical) and an umbrella too (which has been in my wishlist for ages) thanks for the heads up once again :)

Be cautious on a Umbrella Cockatoo!!! They may look cute and precious and cuddly. That can change real quick, especially when they hit their hormones.

I am aware of this, well, all parrots are parrots and will be parrots. and im sure all go through the hormonal periods unfortunately :/

Thanks once again :)

I am aware of this, well, all parrots are parrots and will be parrots. and im sure all go through the hormonal periods unfortunately :/

Thanks once again :)

Yes they all go through the hormone period but Umbrella Cockatoo is worse IMO. Same with Moluccan. Plus the scream they give will drive you up the walls if your not prepared. Please visit mytoos.com before ever wanting a Cockatoo.

Most Reactions

Back