Would a female Eclectus get along with an Amazon?

Nov 22, 2014
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Jess is our Male Indian Ring Neck and Ruby is our Female Eclectus
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has any info. or experience with both female Eclectus & an Amazon being friendly together. Also not sure weather or not the sex of the Amazon or sub species would be something to consider. & if amazons like other breeds? My Eclectus tolerates my ringneck but if the ringneck gets in the way of Eclectus eating etc. She bites his tail. Could just be the size difference that makes her think she's boss?

I had a pair of Red Sided Eclectus, and they would get along with my hen YN Amazon when they were out together. I have to add here, however that my Hunter is an exceptionally sweet tempered Amazon. :)

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has any info. or experience with both female Eclectus & an Amazon being friendly together. Also not sure weather or not the sex of the Amazon or sub species would be something to consider. & if amazons like other breeds? My Eclectus tolerates my ringneck but if the ringneck gets in the way of Eclectus eating etc. She bites his tail. Could just be the size difference that makes her think she's boss?

I think much would depend upon the up bringing, training and attitude of each bird.

My Senegal is a mean little bugger when he wants to be, yet My Zon and
Senni can share the same play stand together and practically sit by each other. Then poppie, my Zon will shoo her away when she's had enough of him by her.

My grey and Zon will sit and play together, but Senni and Grey...nope...they want to kill each other.

I don't have an ekkie....yet. But putting a deposit down on a 6 month old male today yeay !!I'm a bit excited about that. Lovely guy, and I'll be as curious as you how they'll get along.
The ekkie is next to a Blue front at the store, and both out of their cages playing...soooo, I would think the ekkie would get on well with my Zon. My Senni and Grey I worry about. They can be a bit pushy and jealous.

I have a 25 yo Mexican Redhead and a 2 yo female ekkie. They don't get along very well, and Venus my ekkie rules the roost. They have their own cages side by side, Venus was unlocking Buddy's cage and entering so I had to fix the locks. I have only allow one out at a time, Venus is out more than buddy. Buddy is a perch potato, prefers to be in his cage most of the time but he does come out to spend time with me and to shower in the tub.

Most Reactions

Back