snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
My little black capped conure is almost done with his molt. he still needs his flight feathers and a few tail feathers. The 2 new tail feathers he has are already damaged. He is not even a year old yet. I hope with age he learns to care for his tail better. He has a big cage it is 24" x 22"x 30" he has lots of toys and many perches since I make my own.

He is just so careless with his tail. Will he ever have a nice full perfect tail. it is not that bad but not as good as it could be.

My little black capped conure is almost done with his molt. he still needs his flight feathers and a few tail feathers. The 2 new tail feathers he has are already damaged. He is not even a year old yet. I hope with age he learns to care for his tail better. He has a big cage it is 24" x 22"x 30" he has lots of toys and many perches since I make my own.

He is just so careless with his tail. Will he ever have a nice full perfect tail. it is not that bad but not as good as it could be.

Young Parrots as a group rarely have nice tail feathers. Maybe a day or two after the tail feathers sets in place, or just long enough for you to see it. Next day trashed! Someplace around 5 years and some older.

Thank you for that reinsurance. I don't remember my Senegal parrot being so carless with her tail but again she had a much shorter tail and was not as crazy active as this little conure.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rbird and i fight every DAY over his tail. It's such a beautiful part of him... close to a foot long, graceful, iridescent olive-green.

Yet, he is so reckless and scrappy... he always seems to find a way to scrub it or ruffle it or un-knit it. Then I'm after him to smooth it and fix it.

Stinker.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back