wild parrots of telegraph hill

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
finally i watched this yesterday, a really nice docu film

but while film was on, the scenes where parrots where flying/calling caused nut to fly at the tv, etc something she has never done
this made me feel really sad, for her :(

i really do think getting another bird would help with her problems should they continue

however, she seems to have settled instantly with this increased cage time, she is also stepping up for me near instantly, on command rather then for a treat an flying off with said treat:p (still fiddly getting her into cage)
its only day 3 today, so fingers crossed

i really don't like seein her caged, but way i see it is, i think she saw the house as a cage as well

but she is enjoying her shower time, she gets so excited when we walk up stairs, she's strait onto top of the door, waiting, will shower with anyone:D
drinks way too much shower water, but i like to think that since she drinks very little throughout day, it shouldn't hurt her! but she is eating slightly less??

finally i watched this yesterday, a really nice docu film

but while film was on, the scenes where parrots where flying/calling caused nut to fly at the tv, etc something she has never done
this made me feel really sad, for her :(

i really do think getting another bird would help with her problems should they continue

however, she seems to have settled instantly with this increased cage time, she is also stepping up for me near instantly, on command rather then for a treat an flying off with said treat:p (still fiddly getting her into cage)
its only day 3 today, so fingers crossed

i really don't like seein her caged, but way i see it is, i think she saw the house as a cage as well

but she is enjoying her shower time, she gets so excited when we walk up stairs, she's strait onto top of the door, waiting, will shower with anyone:D
drinks way too much shower water, but i like to think that since she drinks very little throughout day, it shouldn't hurt her! but she is eating slightly less??

How long have you had nut?
I'm thinking she might be eating less because she's settled? If you notice any drastic changes then obviously whisk her away to the vet but because it's warm and shes settling maybe she's eating less because of that? :)

My budgie bruce used to wolf down any food he could get to, because he used to get bullied away from it and didnt know 'what his next meal' would be. Maybe it's something like that? :)

I had merlin in the shower yesterday, I think he might end up really enjoying it the more he does he, he seemed to have fun yesterday although he was a little bit nervous getting 'all' wet, so he just kept it to his head/back rather than getting completely soaked. :D Showertime is brilliant with birds, haha!

She may be hormonal, could you increase her night time by putting her to bed earlier? Getting merlin a friend is a question I have been asking, I really don't want another bird, but for him I'd do anything. How long since nuts been vetted? Is it hot now in the UK? Maybe its like children, they do need limits to be well adjusted. Hope nothing is wrong. Isn't it a pain how we worry about them constantly.

I haven't seen the film, would love to. Maybe I'll check the internet & try to watch it.

OMG! I ordered this for Rhett and also got A Place to Land and they just came in today!!!! We are going to watch them tonight and if he likes them I plan on playing them on a loop during the day for him, since he doesn't seem very interested in FOX. I'm so glad you posted this! I was worried I was crazy for ordering Parrot DVD's for my bird!

pics of DVD's!

Attachments

• a place to land.jpg
    a place to land.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 178
  • wild parrots.jpg
    wild parrots.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 207
lol merlin i know what you mean, nuts been pretty well behaved, except she is poop-in on us now!

she's been eating fine today, i think she was a little sulky with being caged, and tonight i got in from work an, she was pleased to see me in a none agressive manner so fingers crossed! as i have thought, this could send her the other way, and make her more aggressive.

lol DP its really sad the parrots of telegraph hill :(

Parrot of Telegraph Hill was a good to watch, also very sad for me as well!!!! I watched it when it came out. I was on their mailing list for a long time, but haven't heard anything new in the recent year.

I'm glad nut is doing better, cage time will make her calm down a bit!

I just posted the new picture of my new hatchling today Sue, you should take a look!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back