Whistles and croaks

Chunky

Feb 25, 2015
Parrots
Chunky the pineapple GCC
Frankie CAG
I have never owned a baby grey before. I am unsure of their various developmental milestones. He is now 14 weeks old.
Up until today the only sounds Frankie made were the gorgeous little whimpering noise which reminds me of a seal honking and, a really loud whistle a bit like a telephone ring. He did also make a funny little squealing protest when my husband tried to pick him up or we stopped him doing something.
For those who have had greys from being a baby, are these all normal baby sounds? It's the loud whistle I'm not sure of.

Today we seem to have gone up a notch. He has started to do the croaky sound. It's like he is trying to say something but he hasn't quite worked it out yet. He is doing it loudly and also mumbling in croaks quietly to himself. Is this the start of him trying to talk, or am I just overly optimistic at his age?

Greys make some amazing sounds. He will copy a phone ringing, a smoke detector, a goose honking, pretty much anything.

But is 14 weeks too young for him to be starting to talk? I read it's normally 6-12mths

They start making sounds when they can. He may not be "talking" just practicing sounds. Their voice is very clear and unmistakable when they do talk.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back