What’s a Rosie?

Oregon Coast

Jun 1, 2024
Parrots
GCC bonded pair not biologically related, DNA = female, surrendered by original owners (small children afraid), rehomed to me.
1. American Dilute, Ruby
2. Cinnamon Turquoise, Sandy
Hi, I was reading recent posts about different parrots, one mentioned a “Rosie.” I’m fairly new to parrots and am not sure what a Rosie is?

Could be talking about a rose fronted conure?

Could be a rose breasted cockatoo - far more common then the conure.
Yep! That’s probably what they were talking about, completely forgot about them 😅

Hi, I was reading recent posts about different parrots, one mentioned a “Rosie.” I’m fairly new to parrots and am not sure what a Rosie is?
Can you link or reference one of the posts you've seen? I'm thinking they may be talking about a rosie or rosy or even rosa (depending on which school you went to) Bourke's parakeet!

bourkes-parakeet-6517849_1280-e1692832546744.jpg

Can you link or reference one of the posts you've seen? I'm thinking they may be talking about a rosie or rosy or even rosa (depending on which school you went to) Bourke's parakeet!

bourkes-parakeet-6517849_1280-e1692832546744.jpg
Good idea, I provided absolutely no context! I’ll try to find the thread. I thought maybe a Rosie was a common term for a certain parrot.

Good idea, I provided absolutely no context! I’ll try to find the thread. I thought maybe a Rosie was a common term for a certain parrot.
Found the post about a Rosie:

Found the post about a Rosie:
Not sure about that particular one, tbh. They may have been talking about a galah aka rose breasted cockatoo in that case.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back