What toys and cage preferred for GCC?

Dude589

Banned
Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
budgie (Cheddar)
I am looking at a conure its in my price range and i am willing to keep one and play with him and love him. if you have seen my previous posts and just talk about that,THIS is NOT about MONEY OR TIME. I wanted to know a cage preferred GCC and some toys. I know the perfect complete conure diet on a website :D . also if you know some toys list as many as you can please :)
thanks!:)

The cage should have 1/2 in or 5/8 bar spacing for a Green Cheek, not 1 in or bigger though or he/she will get it's head stuck in the bars. Get lots of foraging toys. Nothing with bells. I have a plastic foraging ball for my Green Cheek and she loves it.

You can't go wrong with foraging toys. You can buy some or make your own. Check out parrotenrichment.com for some good ideas. I also recommend getting a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Super-Creations-4-Inch-66-Inch-Bungee/dp/B00061UX2S"]boing[/ame] or rope bungee. My GCC LOVES this thing.

There are a lot of good [ame="http://www.amazon.com/HQ-Flight-Purpose-32x21x60-Platinum/dp/B00609BNDS/ref=sr_1_10?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1391572634&sr=1-10&keywords=flight+cage"]flight cages[/ame] that are decent for a GCC. As big as you can afford. Just make sure the bar spacing is a 1/2" or not much bigger or the bird can get caught between the bars.

cool thanks a lot I am really looking forward to getting a GCC in 3weeks to 5weeks around there :D

May I ask why no bells??

They can swallow the clapper (thing inside the bell).

I have mine in 3/4 bar spacing but wouldn't recommend it unless you know your bird doesn't stick their head through the bars. I love my 5/8 spacing on my double stacker cage and it would be perfect for my gccs.

Monkey likes leather toys and foot toys in a basket. Monster likes his tent( I would recommend a hand made one and not a store bought one. You can buy hand made ones on etsy much better quality) and thin wood pieces to rip apart.

Most Reactions

Back