What to pair up

Caesar

Oct 26, 2013
Media
I have said in previous posts that I am preparing to pair one of my males with my female, Now she is a Violet Blue Dom hen and I have a lutino and cinnamon/olive. Any advice on who I should pair with her?
Also im going to have a spare male who I think is going to get jealous should I get another female?
thaks

Disclaimer first that I'm a noob at IRN genetics, but since the best way to learn is to practise I'll give it a go :)

First up, do you know if your hen is single factor or double factor violet? And are either of your males split blue? If they're not, you're not going to get any blue in the babies since it's recessive. cinnamon and lutino are both sex linked so only females will have them visible. All males will be split for them. All babies that aren't visibly blue will be split for blue.

None of these mutations are on the same locus, but I know blue and dark at least are linked, so that changes the percentages a bit - like a few percent.

And so I don't confuse myself, I'm ignoring splits and linkages in these tables.

sf violet blue dom pied female + lutino /blue male
cocks
25% blue pied
25% sf violet blue pied
25% green pied
25% violet green pied
hens
50% albino
50% lutino
violet and pied are there but have no visible effect

sf violet blue dom pied female + lutino male
cocks
25% green pied
25% violet green pied
hens
100% lutino
violet and pied are there but have no visible effect

sf violet blue dom pied female + cinnamon olive /blue male
25% cobalt pied (blue + sf dark)
25% violet cobalt pied (blue + sf dark + sf violet)
25% darkgreen pied
25% violet darkgreen pied
hens
25% cinammon cobalt pied
25% cinammon violet cobalt pied
25% cinammon darkgreen pied
25% cinammon violet darkgreen pied

sf violet blue dom pied female + cinnamon olive male
50% darkgreen pied
50% violet darkgreen pied
hens
50% cinammon darkgreen pied
50% cinammon violet darkgreen pied

So, you'll get much more interesting results if either of your males is split blue. I'd choose that one if only one is.

sweet thankyou so much for this info . It helps me more than you know,:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back