What do parrots eat

My answer is 'everything' lol

That is a really interesting link and is real helpful. It actually cleared up a few things for me so thanks for posting it.

You are always welcome Ben ;)
Just shows we are never too old to learn LoL :eek:

Opened my eyes as well :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing this! Very interesting. And I agree with Ben too, everything. My keet goes for anything in my hand that looks edible, LOL. Sometimes I have to take her off.

OK thanks for this information. Rosie ate a little no no today with me. A few bits of a vanilla snowball. It is funny how our birds seem to know right away that this is something they should not have but gulp it down. Just like humans.

OK thanks for this information. Rosie ate a little no no today with me. A few bits of a vanilla snowball. It is funny how our birds seem to know right away that this is something they should not have but gulp it down. Just like humans.

Oh so true. My husband accidently frightened Chicka a couple of weeks ago and has been trying to build up her trust again offering her all her favourites - she was so scared she'd freak out when he walked into the house and there was no way she'd go near him for anything - even through the bars of her cage. I came home the other day with him very excited, he offered her a wafer biscuit and she took it.... trust junk food to bridge the gap ;)

Great link! How are pineapples for them? Also I read that you shouldn't feed raw tomatoes because of the acidity? Is that true??

Poppers, the U2 we're bird-sitting, stole a Sour Cream & Onion potato chip from me yesterday. It's the first time since we've had birds that one of them got junk food. Oh well, I suppose it had to happen some time, right?

from what I've read tomatoes are ok for birds, the fruit anyway, the leaves, stems and vines are the toxic part as the tomatoe plant is part of the night shade family............Bob.

from what I've read tomatoes are ok for birds, the fruit anyway, the leaves, stems and vines are the toxic part as the tomatoe plant is part of the night shade family............Bob.

This is what I thought as well and I gave Hiroshi some tomatoe which he loved. He didn't have a reaction to it but then I thought to look it up and found that site.:11:

This site however Ten Toxic Foods for Bird Owners to Avoid
Says that it is just the vines and stems...

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back