Well I couldn't pass it up...

tjwolf1

Mar 1, 2010
Parrots
Miligold macaw, cockatiel... Also co-exist with an African grey (husband's bird)
So the plan was to hold off on an African Grey for a couple of months and get a baby. Well, while searching on Craigslist for a cage I found somebody looking to rehome theirs. So, now I have "Tattoo". I will probably try to change his name, although I don't have a clue to what yet. He is very friendly and really seems to love it here. I am doing my best to quarantine, but I am unable to keep him in a completely different air supply that the other babies. He sure seems healthy as can be.

I'll try to post some pics soon.

Any name suggestions?

That's awesome and congratulations! I like the name tattoo hahaha. How old is he? Does he know his name?

I would recommend either choosing a very very similar name or leaving it. I personally feel that a parrots name means something to them as in the wild they do each have their own individual name.

He says "whatcha doin tattoo", but that's all I've heard him say with his name. If it will hurt his pride to change it, then I probably won't.

So the plan was to hold off on an African Grey for a couple of months and get a baby. Well, while searching on Craigslist for a cage I found somebody looking to rehome theirs. So, now I have "Tattoo". I will probably try to change his name, although I don't have a clue to what yet. He is very friendly and really seems to love it here. I am doing my best to quarantine, but I am unable to keep him in a completely different air supply that the other babies. He sure seems healthy as can be.

I'll try to post some pics soon.

Any name suggestions?

Congrats on a new addition. Good luck with him. Tattoo seems to me as a nice name for a parrot, I would leave it.

Congrats on your new baby:)

Congrats
Tattoo seems fitting....... he is making a permanent mark in your life !!!!!

I like the idea of "permanent mark", indeed this is what they do those little creatures.

I rescued a b/f amazon about 13 years ago and his previous owner made his name such a negative thing that when I used it he would flit into a rage. I changed his name and that alleviated one of his many problems. Lola had the same issue but she became super aggresive and tried to bite anything in her path. So if your baby had a healthy past then I would leave it if not then change it.

Most Reactions

Back