Weights of all your fids!

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
Just curious on what everone weighs. I was sparked, and surprised by a recent post. It got me wondering how big everyone else was.

Rome - 720g Rocco - 419g

I think I have a small M2 and a large Ekkie (or fat, i was trying to be nice) :54:

Porta, your post was the one that sparked this thread :D I always thought RB2s were bigger for some reason and from your pics they look about the same size. My M2 is small, their usually around 800, males usually slightly smaller than females, another reason why she was thought to be male.

i dont have my bird yet. but this seemed interesting.where do you buy a gram scale? how epensive are they? do i really NEED one?

Bed Bath and Beyond , digital kitchen scale, weighs in grams,ounces,lbs. etc. Maybe 20$, make a small perch for your bird to stand on.Start when young and do it every morning. it'll be your little ritual . After that just check every so often and it's no big deal. You'll know when your bird gets sick a whole lot sooner.

Thanks Henpecked, now I'm not going to ask for you to list all of your bird's weights :11: but what is the average for the adults with the different species that you do breed?

Pepper was 306 one week. The next week DH said, "I think she's gained weight!" We checked and she was 308. DH said, "See, I told you!" :D I told him he must be a superhero if he can tell a two gram difference enough to bother him.

Carla is a Bronze Winged Pionus, about 17 years old, she weighs about 225 grams.

I've gotten out of the habit of weighing... I'll do that tomorrow and post my results!

Mishka's weight 450 grams

000204AE.gif

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back