We are declaring WAR!

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Merlin & I may not be politically correct in doing this but we hate our local hummingbirds. We were on the deck yesterday & once again I was attacked by a hummingbird (3rd time this year).:mad: I have curly hair & the little devil flogged me & got tangled in my hair :eek: I could feel his little needle toes in my scalp. Merlin screamed like someone was killing him, he couldnt believe the helicopter bird was touching his mommy. My neighbor called to find out what was going on. I dont have a hummy feeder, I think the evil one has a nest in the spruce hanging above my deck. I guess I just have to wait him out, we've been talking about it & we can't come up w/a plan to exterminate.:p Merlin suggested tiny arrows, but I dont think it will work.;)

lmao.......

and again lmao..........

well your gonna have to get a feeder :)

Hummers are very territorial birds. You are in his territory!! Wear a hat and enjoy the birds if you can.

snickersnort) im sorry, that.. its really kinda funny.

Though I do have to say I am glad you let it go, and are only venting here (I hope) cause I have known people who have Accually killed birds for doing that.

As a bear guard I was walking with people who studied birds, they got too close to a nest and a seagull started dive bombing them, they told me I had permission to shoot it if it draws blood, I said No way in &$%# am I doing that, they got close to the chicks, they deserve what they get.

(FYI, a simple feather or white card, something about as wide or long as a 8-10 inch feather, flashed in your hand above your head each time the bird dives will keep them from landing a hit on you.)

People think they're so sweet because they're little and cute. There's a reason they're little...they're kinda mean and they had to be cute so we'd forget that they're mean.

I think they nest there because I don't have a feeder, other hummys wouldnt be coming around. I might put up a feeder & wear Merlin feathers in my hair. lol They are mean, that guy meant business! I hope I didnt hurt him trying to free him from my hair. I can just see it now, wearing a ball cap w/feathers all over it. I'll be trying out for the crazy bird lady in my neighborhood.

and still lmao.......

so agree with di lol or nut would not get away with what she does lol

*i can see it now, hieght of summer fashion, feathered hat and a boa to be sure!!!....lmao

No red hair. It has to be a nest, he buzzed me today too. I thought merlin was the devil.

:)I have laughed all weekend. My husband has been making fun @ me because of our warrior. He even made a big deal out of finding a fly swatter to carry w/him when he was on the deck. lol Sat. we were bbqing & Tom was attacked. :eek: All I can say is "He/she who laughs last, laughs best!" :p

OMG Lmao.. fly swatter! Lmao.. I cant stop laughing, thats too funny.

NNooo you need a cookie! (Pocahontas the Disney cartoon has a evil hummingbird in it, the man held that up and the bird ran it threw, insted of stabbing him)

Omg I was almost attacked by one too. I thought it was a bumble bee. I heard vrrum. Vrummmm. Vrrrum. Come see it's a kamikaze hummingbird diving at me and I'm lucky to be moving at the right time haha. Let me know how this works for ya haha. So I can learn. Sam hates em too. Gets all territorial and struts.

I know, if pure astonishment can be shown on a parrots face, Merlin had it. He just couldnt believe it. When he's in the house he's in a window looking out for it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back