Watery eye and sneezing

echoskybound

Mar 30, 2011
Media
Parrots
Wheatley - 4 year old Green Cheek Conure
Today, my GCC Wheatley was behaving like normal until he made the head-bobbing motion as if he needed to regurgitate, but he did not actually bring up any food. This is when I noticed that his right eye was very watery. It only lasted for about 5 minutes before drying up, and it was only one eye. He was flying, preening and otherwise behaving like normal, so I suspected he might have just gotten some dust or something in his eye.

What concerns me is that he's been sneezing occasionally, and although I can't see any noticeable discharge, I felt a very, very light spray once or twice. His droppings were normal in consistency, but unusually bright green.

His lunch today and yesterday was a mix of carrots, sugar snap peas, green peas, sprouts and squash. I don't think I've been feeding him enough fruit lately, though. His feathers have remained very bright and healthy. Other than the productive sneezing, he is being his normal trouble-making self.

My avian vet is closed today. What should I do?

Thank you for your help!

I would have him checked out at the Vets. The color of the droppings could be a warning that something is wrong. However parrots do sneeze from time to time & also eyes can get watery if dust or seed husk gets in there.

If he hasn't been Vet checked now will probably be a good time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back