Want to share a link to an eBay seller that makes amazing toys. Is that ok?

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Jasper- bare eyed cockatoo
*thanks mods for clearing it up for me. Content deleted*:)

Last edited:
Thank you! Glad I checked first:)

Hmmm. I would have liked to see the link! I'm always looking for new toys for my flock.

Maybe it would be cool to have a product reviews section? I like to share things that I've purchased for my flock and can in good conscience recommend, to help out other people who are looking.

If members want to sell things in a business-like fashion on PF, they can become sponsored vendors like ChaoticFun has done, which involves asking permission from the administrators. However, selling the occasional accessory or cage is acceptable and there is a Classifieds section for that.

What about if people want to just recommend or share a cool thing they've found, though? That is perfectly acceptable on every other forum I'm on and I'm a little unclear about why it is taboo here. Not trying to be disrespectful or start trouble, I honestly just don't get it.

Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with the seller. I was just planning on sharing some cute toys that were decently priced since I quickly learned how often bird owners have to replace toys. Sorry I wasn't understanding the forum rules before I started the thread tho.

If someone is looking for something specific, then posting the link to that item is acceptable as long as it's pertinent and relevant to the post.....however, with eBay- MangieSun could post the name of the shop that is selling the toys or the term used in the search menu so others can find it, but no links should be posted in order to avoid promoting an unsponsored vendor.

What about if people want to just recommend or share a cool thing they've found, though? That is perfectly acceptable on every other forum I'm on and I'm a little unclear about why it is taboo here. Not trying to be disrespectful or start trouble, I honestly just don't get it.

I don't think that would be a problem at all. :) All of us are constantly sharing about our birds, what we got them, what to avoid, what deals we got and where. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Perfect. The sellers name is taisplaygrounds
They are US sellers only it looks like. The auction images of the toys don't do them justice. Some of them are huge which is great for anyone with heavy chewers or large birds. My birds love their toys. Hope that helps anyone who might be in need of toys. :)

If someone is looking for something specific, then posting the link to that item is acceptable as long as it's pertinent and relevant to the post.....however, with eBay- MangieSun could post the name of the shop that is selling the toys or the term used in the search menu so others can find it, but no links should be posted in order to avoid promoting an unsponsored vendor.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Oh. And they ship immediately! I get mine shipped from them in Florida to California in two days max. Basically as soon as I pay I seem to get the tracking number. Super helpful:)

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm sorry for the confusion and if I sounded crabby! :( (That was not my intent) apparently I was the one confused last night :rolleyes: my apologies!!

:)

No crabbiness taken from me. I'm sorry if I seemed to be trying to ruffle feathers. Heehee. Had to;). Glad it all worked out.

Most Reactions

Back