Hi all,
I finally found a grey! I searched and visited so many stores and breeders. I finally found a place "Parrot Paradise" in Burlington NJ. I visited a few times and finally found a Congo Grey with a beautiful personality. I have visited a few times and we will be taking him home in November. Here are some questions I thought you all might be able to help with:
Some people suggest a sleeping cage for "Chulo" ...do any of you suggest or use a sleeping cage?
I have been reading a lot about greys and most of the research shows that greys need about 10-12 hours of sleep a day - covered and in a quiet place. True? Does anyone have a schedule they use?
One of the books I read and it was also a suggestion from the store is not to have a play gym on top of the cage - mine does ...should I remove it.
30 years ago I had a greay and I wasn't knowledgable enough. I didn't do my homework before bringing her home and now that I have done a lot of research I realize that I wasn't a good bird parent . Well, we had to re-home her and she went with a great family so it all worked out. Now I don't want to make the same mistake. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated.
Thank you
Maryellen
I finally found a grey! I searched and visited so many stores and breeders. I finally found a place "Parrot Paradise" in Burlington NJ. I visited a few times and finally found a Congo Grey with a beautiful personality. I have visited a few times and we will be taking him home in November. Here are some questions I thought you all might be able to help with:
Some people suggest a sleeping cage for "Chulo" ...do any of you suggest or use a sleeping cage?
I have been reading a lot about greys and most of the research shows that greys need about 10-12 hours of sleep a day - covered and in a quiet place. True? Does anyone have a schedule they use?
One of the books I read and it was also a suggestion from the store is not to have a play gym on top of the cage - mine does ...should I remove it.
30 years ago I had a greay and I wasn't knowledgable enough. I didn't do my homework before bringing her home and now that I have done a lot of research I realize that I wasn't a good bird parent . Well, we had to re-home her and she went with a great family so it all worked out. Now I don't want to make the same mistake. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated.
Thank you
Maryellen







