URGENT

chqrty

Dec 10, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel (Female)
Cockatiel (Male)
i stopped the bleeeding after mistakenly cutting my bird's quick. while trimming for the first time i used CORNSTARCH so what now????? FAST REPLIES ! ! ! ! ! ! (please)
the bleeding is like OVER but will she be ill or die??? rapid bleeding but not major

Cornstarch is great, the other thing you can do is if you have a solid bar of soap, you can drag the nail across the surface and the soap will form a plug in the quick and should stop the bleeding. Best of luck!!

Cornstarch is great, the other thing you can do is if you have a solid bar of soap, you can drag the nail across the surface and the soap will form a plug in the quick and should stop the bleeding. Best of luck!!
thank you. i gave her a treat after stopping the bleeding but i fear she'd lose trust from thois!!!!!! </33

Bird is fine, My vet does it on every bird I've had to get a DNA sample for sexing.

Not saying it doesn't hurt.

But if bleeding is stopped your bird will be fine and nail will grow back.

DO NOT WORRY!

Simmer down.

order this for the future

1717550281454.png

OH bird will forgive but may be afraid of your scissors if you don't hide them first.

Bird is fine, My vet does it on every bird I've had to get a DNA sample for sexing.

Not saying it doesn't hurt.

But if bleeding is stopped your bird will be fine and nail will grow back.

DO NOT WORRY!

Simmer down.
THANK YOU. T_T i've never seen them bleed so rapidly before so i was serioulsy freaked out.

okay few. she calmly took a treat from my fingers so i think she's okay with me...
Yep of course, It was those dasdardly scissors that hurt him/her.

Just wait till you have to trim the beak because it won't use it's cuttle bone enough, then you get to have some fun. :D

Also.....Should have said this before....

YOU DID EVERYTHING RIGHT GOOD OWNER!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back