Unusual Green wet Feathers

Lrodriguez85

Aug 19, 2024
Parrots
I have a cockatiel
Good evening all. I have had my cockatiel since she was still being fed from a dropper. She’s about 6 years old now and today the first time ever I see a very bright green, wet area by her anus. I am not sure if I should worry or not. I am going to give her a good bath and clean her up. I have attached the pictures. Anyone have any ideas? Should I worry?
IMG_5875.jpeg
IMG_5874.jpeg

I would worry.

If I had fed my Tiel something with a high liquid content that was green.
Like cucumber or IDK what I would give it some time then.

But put fresh paper in the bottom of cage and check her droppings.

I would worry.

If I had fed my Tiel something with a high liquid content that was green.
Like cucumber or IDK what I would give it some time then.

But put fresh paper in the bottom of cage and check her droppings.
I have not fed her anything but her usual seed. I changed the paper and gave her a bath. I actually never tried to give her anything but seed. Didn’t know she would eat cucumber.

I have not fed her anything but her usual seed. I changed the paper and gave her a bath. I actually never tried to give her anything but seed. Didn’t know she would eat cucumber.
I don’t know either.
Poop can vary greatly in consistency and color depending on what your bird eats.

My CAG eats lots of fruit and vegetables so her poop can be watery. Watery poop can stain the feathers around the vent.

Green is a normal color for birds but if my bird. Suddenly had discolored vent ….
Honestly.
First I would try to clean with damp paper towel (if possible) and as I said fresh paper to observe poop closely.

If poops are watery or stringy or abnormal then she has to go in.

Your bird hasn’t been hormonal has it.
Maybe he/she is rubbing her vent on something green.

Most Reactions

Back