Toys that last???

kentstar

Sep 20, 2011
Ravenna, Ohio
Parrots
A sun conure, budgie. Miss my cockatiel Sam. See you someday I hope Sam! And my little girl Sky a budgie that passed away in 2007 Thunder my budgie passed away too last September. Miss you little budd
lol! I bought a couple of "super shredder balls" from Foster and Smith. Sunny loved them so much! The first one lasted a couple weeks to a month because he hadn't figured out what to do with it yet, but the second one lasted all of 3 days! He shreds the toy up with a vengence! lol These "shredder" toys are expensive though, at $18 a pop!

What other kinds of toys can I get or make that are safe for him and cheaper? Ones that my last more than 3 days!?

I know sun conures like to chew and that is no joke when it comes to Sunny! He is a destruction machine!

Any ideas? I've heard that cardboard boxes such as tissue boxes, tp rolls, paper towel rolls have a glue on them that could be dangerous so I don't know if he could play with these, but he would have fun!

Mysafebirdstore have really good toys for a cheap price. Bought a good quality toy for only 2$ ! Have you tried ripping of the wing of a cardboard box with out the tape on it ? It is pretty tough

Last edited:
My conure is spoiled to the point he doesnt like any toy I buy him. He will play with what I have in my hand. If I go to play with toys I buy him he still dont like it. Ive always showered him with toys since I got him but like a child he would play with everything but what hes suppose to be playing with. hahaha gotta love'm.

If they cannot destroy it, they won't enjoy it! Give him anything "human food grade"...paper cups, paper plates, plastic straws, wine bottle corks, undyed craft popsicle sticks, wooden spoons. Also, cheap cat toy balls, natural loofa sponges, playing cards, etc. I have used these things for years with so many birds.

Most Reactions

Back