Tiki got a new toy shipment today.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
He likes anything with bells, he's also taken to the wiffle balls, which I had to buy off Ebay. I can't believe places don't sell 2" wiffle balls. Now the Yellow slinky toy is a bust. He didn't like it at all. I guess it reminds him of a snake. I'm slowly working with him on the slinky toy. But there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in it.:53:

Mike

Last edited:
Mike: Did you make the one in the first photo out of the balls?
Looks like Tiki will enjoy!
Gary

nut loves this green ball with a bell in :) but my son stood on it an broke it grrr, she does have a different coloured one with a bell but not her fav :(

also i wonder if its yellow?? as nut hates the yellow plastic chain link perch

but of all the toys any she can totally destroy was her fav lol

love the look of the toy with the bells and ball, nothing like that her for nut, but i was goin to get her a big brass bell toy, till hubs said his gonna take clapper out! the meanie lol

Last edited:
nut loves this green ball with a bell in :) but my son stood on it an broke it grrr, she does have a different coloured one with a bell but not her fav :(

also i wonder if its yellow?? as nut hates the yellow plastic chain link perch

but of all the toys any she can totally destroy was her fav lol

love the look of the toy with the bells and ball, nothing like that her for nut, but i was goin to get her a big brass bell toy, till hubs said his gonna take clapper out! the meanie lol

Actually Sue, I made the error of hooking the slinky up in his cage from one side to the other so if he wanted to climb on it he could. But I didn't socialize him with the toy first. BIG MISTAKE! I did it with the hanging ball toy with all the bells. But he loves any toy with bells so it wasn't that hard to get him used to it. But the yellow slinky is something else.

Tiki even climbed down the side of his cage to investigate that hellow slinky when I took it out of his acge and placed it on the table right next to his cage. I now have him to where he will tolerate the slinky if I'm playing with it. So maybe in a day or three, he'll come around.

Mike

I would try looking at sporting good stores for 2 inch wiffle balls, in the golf section. Big 5 carries em here in cali, as well as most golf shops, and sport chalet

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back