This year's Christmas card

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
Last year, I posted a photo of Eliza and Henry wishing everyone here a Merry Christmas. "ruffledfeathers" suggested it was a card-worthy photo...and so, here's my Christmas card for 2014!

Eliza, Henry and I wish everyone here at parrotforums.com all the very, very best this holiday season, and for 2015. I'm certainly grateful for all the wonderful advice and feedback I've received from all the contributors, not to mention the fun. Meanwhile, Eliza and Henry are grateful for Clementine oranges and tequila... :D

Cheers!
Derek and the flock

dskidd-albums-family-photos-picture13379-xmas-card.jpeg

dskidd-albums-family-photos-picture13380-xmas-card-inside.jpeg

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic card that made!!!!
Wishing you, Eliza and Henry a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year from me and my flock:)

WOW, Derek, that is one AWESOME card!!! And what are you talking about "we're not doves of peace?" I'm sure both Eliza and Henry carry their halos with dignity and pride. :D :54:

Beautiful card! What a sweet moment captured in that pic!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too!

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic card that made!!!!
Wishing you, Eliza and Henry a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year from me and my flock:)

Thanks, Terry...all the best to you and yours!

WOW, Derek, that is one AWESOME card!!! And what are you talking about "we're not doves of peace?" I'm sure both Eliza and Henry carry their halos with dignity and pride. :D :54:

Well, no...not exactly. They fling their halos across the room, wait for me to pick them up and bring them back, then they fling their halos across the room, and...well, you know the rest! :D
Derek

Beautiful card! What a sweet moment captured in that pic!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too!

Thank you so much! Some of my friends have questioned the reality of the photo since everyone knows that no caique (much less two of them) would ever sit still long enough for a photo. Thus, I've had to reassure my friends that the picture did not require the use of PhotoShop, duct-tape, Super Glue or a staple gun...
:p

Derek

What a beautiful picture and card! Merry Christmas to you too!

A very happy holiday season to you, Derek, Eliza, and Henry! That pose is priceless and I didn't think for a second you used photoshop or anything other than opportunity. Thank you so much for the lovely card and message.

A very happy holiday season to you, Derek, Eliza, and Henry! That pose is priceless and I didn't think for a second you used photoshop or anything other than opportunity. Thank you so much for the lovely card and message.

You are very welcome, and yes, it was an amazing opportunity. They hardly ever get on one finger together; probably because I normally hold a finger out for each of them. Why they decided to clamber on to the one is something I'll never know...but I'm happy they did!

Plus, every time I think to myself "Oh no...I'm one of those people who can't even walk across the living room without taking their cellphone with them," I think of that photo. It wouldn't have happened if I didn't have the phone in my pocket!

Merry Christmas!

Love it! They are so cute! It looks like Henry is whispering in Eliza's ear about what they are going to do next.

Love it! They are so cute! It looks like Henry is whispering in Eliza's ear about what they are going to do next.

Yes, that would be it. I even know what he's saying. "Hey, Eliza, let's wreak havoc! Just like we did yesterday, and the day before, and the day before, and..."
;)

Most Reactions

Back