Strange behaviour green cheek conure

melissa87

Jan 6, 2024
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Does anyone know why my green cheek is pulling on his tail Feathers with his back leg while bobbing his head like he is regurgitating.

Does anyone know why my green cheek is pulling on his tail Feathers with his back leg while bobbing his head like he is regurgitating.
Seems there is something that is irritating your pet. Generally I will recheck if food, humidity, Multi vitamin schedule, any specific habit has changed recently. For example once my conure was pulling on her feathers and a simple over due bath and increasing her time in sunlight resolved the problem for me.

Sorry I missed bobbing of head has resolved in my case by rebalancing diet. Reducing the seed mix and increasing greens and vegetables in daily diet.

But in case of your conure bobbing and feather pulling is happening simultaneously. So maybe a combination of various ways you need to try out.

Can you take a video? This actually sounds like hormonal behavior from your description, but it's hard to picture exactly what he's doing...

There's a very small file limit for videos on this forum so uploading it as a video to youtube then posting a link is a better way to post long videos btw

I agree this could be hormonal or even just attention soliciting. My GCC often “pulls” or holds her tail feathers up to her face when she wants cuddles. It’s just a cute little pose she does.

IMG_1391.jpeg

Sorry I didn't see the replies in the most. Every time I try to record him he stops. But he is only 6 months old wasn't sure about being hormonal so young. The bobbing is like what he does when he scratches his head so maybe the tail pulling is tickling him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back