Squeaky Toys?

1Spongebob

Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Parrots
I have a male 17yr old Orange Wing Amazon named Mr. Precious & a 15yr old female Harlequin Macaw named Merlin & a 3 year old male GW named Rocco.
My new Harlequin (my 1st macaw) is fascinated by the dogs squeaky toys. I started buying her her own & she destroys them in 2 days. She loves them & tries to toss them ti me. My question is could this encourage attack or biting behavior? She never bites me, just chews gently on my fingers in-between licking my ear & neck. She is so awesome, living & sweet I don't want to accidentally teach her bad behavior. Thanks in advance for any input.:red1:

My JoJo does a perfect squeaky toy imitation! Something she learned from the feed and grain store where she lived. Living in a pen with 20 plus canaries/cockatiel added to a rounded and amusing vocabulary!

Nah, I wouldn't worry about her becoming aggressive due to those toys. My own macs LOVE the heavy duty rubber original Kong toys, which I hang in their cage using sisal rope. They play with those rather viciously, but have never taken it out on me. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back