Sprite tasted wine!!!

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
My mom's wine was sitting on the table and Sprite, being a bird who will try anything that looks edible, started to take a sip...I immediately grabbed him before he could and then he start sneezing and scratching his beak. I stuck his beak under water to get it off, think he'll be ok???

My mom's wine was sitting on the table and Sprite, being a bird who will try anything that looks edible, started to take a sip...I immediately grabbed him before he could and then he start sneezing and scratching his beak. I stuck his beak under water to get it off, think he'll be ok???

Yes, he will be fine ;)

Scarlet has had some sips of my beer before, a few litltle drops isnt going to do anything, its not like you got drunk and filled his water dish with wine or something lol. Scarlet sometimes nabs some of my root beer which is also terrible for her but she loves it and I have to really try to keep it away from her. She is still alive haha. Its basically down to not drinking anything but water when she is hangin out on my shoulder.

Yes, he will be fine ;)

Scarlet has had some sips of my beer before, a few litltle drops isnt going to do anything, its not like you got drunk and filled his water dish with wine or something lol. Scarlet sometimes nabs some of my root beer which is also terrible for her but she loves it and I have to really try to keep it away from her. She is still alive haha. Its basically down to not drinking anything but water when she is hangin out on my shoulder.
Thanks, makes me feel better!! Luckily he hated the wine lol

I think he will be just fine. I love his reaction though, sounds like my reaction to wine! ;)

sounds like hell be just fine, you handled that well :). conures get into everything dont they lol!

That's so funny. Tonight Cyrus (GCC) went nuts trying to taste my wine. Instead, I went to the fridge and poured a small glass of orange-mango juice. He loved sharing that with me instead. Later, I returned to my wine, without Cyrus.

Haha what a cheeky bird!

Most Reactions

Back