Soon-to-be New GCC Owner

skygoneblue

Mar 11, 2014
Orlando, FL
Parrots
Turquoise Green Cheek Conure (April, 2014)
Hello everyone!

My name is Lucas. My wife and I live in Orlando, FL.

Last night we put a hold payment on a turquoise GCC from Linville's Aviary in Miami. He/she is still a little sprout, but we'll be taking a road trip in early April to pick him/her up. :blue2:

I've owned a Budgie before, but this conure is my first "big" bird (big by comparison). So I'm hoping to learn a lot from the experienced owners here. But, first things first: I need a cage!

I've read that about 2 feet square is a good minimum for Conyers, but I'm having a hard time finding a decent price on a cage that we want.

- Has a stand
- Has a built-in seed catcher
- Has a play top
- Closes securely
- Small footprint (we live in a 1BR apt)
- Under $200

Am I asking too much? Does this cage exist? :)

Hello and welcome! I'm "new" too and I also have a GCC. :) if your driving down, I got my Kiwis cage in delray (it's in your way) lol it was $150 the store is called Brenda's Birds
324 NE 3rd Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33444 (561) 278-5394. They also have the same cage on Dr. Foster and Smith's website for $159, but sure how much shipping would be. I have tons of toys, her hut, and she has plenty of space to move around. I personally LOVE the cage. The name of the cage is HQ Victorian Top Wrought Iron Cage w/ Cart Stand. It's doesn't have everything you want but... Lol hope this helps... I can take pictures for you of my cages/kiwi just let me know.

Ebay has many cages that fit your description in your price range. Most of them have free shipping. You can also check out Amazon.

Hey Kiwi, I think I have seen the cage you're talking about, but I would love to see some pictures of your bird in it anyway. :)

Have you tried craigslist? Could find a good cheap cage. Just be sure to wash it well and check for paint chips!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back