Sidney hates yogurt! Even with strawberries!

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
(Who remembers where that subject line comes from?)

Sidney as suddenly developed a healthy dislike for yogurt containers. He loses his mind and flat out attacks. Have not gotten a good video of it cause I don't want to encourage that behavior. He nailed me twice with very deep penetration and made me bleed a lot. It is the only time that he has ever bitten me hard enough to injure. I got this video before I really understood just how nuts he gets and decided after that he is not going to get at another cup.

It is only yogurt containers. I can toss a similarly sized bottle of pills down next to him and he pays it no heed. But toss a yogurt container and he will chase it across the couch, grapple with it and roll onto the floor where he continues to attack. The little guy just goes nuts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAtuwu30Q3U&feature=youtu.be"]Sidney hates yogurt. Even with strawberries. - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Ha. That's so weird! I guess he just gets really over-stimulated. I give my cockatoo yogurt cups but he just chews them into oblivion.

lol that how the nut gets with some things, but after a while she moves on to other things, that must be destroyed/killed/subdued for its own good

and i never reach out to take them off her, i offer something else to distract her lol in fact because of her earlier aerial attacking, i don't let her see me walking with said items, just to be safe

as for not letting her have these items?? i can't see harm in it, unless we are near her or said item, when she is in kill mode.

great vid btw :)

I literally busted out laughing when I saw the subject line. One of my favorite movies ever! Now you need a little "dark helmet" costume for Sidney to wear.

How cute. He is having a ball.:)

Looks to me like he is enjoying his yogurt cup. Its definitely his toy. My Senegal, Rio gets like that with her toys, she likes to attack them.

Aww what a cute video.

Most Reactions

Back