sharing excitement over Galah

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Hello my fellow Birdy friends.
I just thought I would share my excitement. A local breeder has just had her second clutch (of this season) of Galahs hatch and I have put my name against one. :) She will be pulling them out of the nest in a couple of weeks to handfeed/handrear. So I have a little wait on my hands but I should have my new baby in January sometime. :D Can't wait... :D

That's so exciting! :D May I ask how much your paying for your galah? Just curious since the price is so different here.

I bet your having loads of fun thinking of names, so exciting!

$300 australian dollars. How much are they over there? They are so hard to get a hold of here, because they sell so quick. Most breeders have huge waiting lists too. Thousands of them in the wild though, a delight to watch. :)

Yeah the thing that ended up deciding for me between a corella and a galah was the fact that the waiting list for a galah is SOOOOO long... it would not be until the end of next year before I could get a galah baby. I dont know why there are so few breeders!

I paid $200 for mine.... but that's because I got a cage with the galah aswell, $450 all up, (cage, 3 bags of seed, extra feed containers and the bird of course).
How exciting! :D:D:D
My Rocky is settling in well:D

Yeah the thing that ended up deciding for me between a corella and a galah was the fact that the waiting list for a galah is SOOOOO long... it would not be until the end of next year before I could get a galah baby. I dont know why there are so few breeders!

I think Galah's can be really clumsy breeders, they tend to break their eggs as they lay them or lay them in really awkward places so they fall and break. Maybe that is why some breeders are limited.

Your Galah prices are so different! In Minnesota, USA, where I live, they are very hard to find and only 1 or 2 breeders just starting. I had my Galah flown to me from Colorado. They were on "special" for $1,200 but range from $1,200-$1,800. This is just for the parrot, no cage, toys or food. But they are your native parrots so I understand. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back