Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot
I figured I'd do individual introductions, although it might take a while..

Shade is my 5 year old female Senegal Parrot, and the first Poi I've owned (she's the reason I have so many..). I did get her as a weaned baby back in 2006.

You can read more about the story of how I came to get Shade here:
Shade the Senegal

She's a lovely parrot, the best behaved of my bunch, although my PF Lovebird is a close second. I can do whatever I want with her and she's good with everyone.

A few (recent) pictures of her..

0124-2.jpg

0225.jpg

0220-1.jpg

0186-1.jpg

0254.jpg

Cutie! It looks like she's got a great play area.

Thanks!

That is actually just a small portion of their play area. I have my birds cages in a spare bedroom and have quite a few play gyms hanging from the ceiling in there - I have posted about it on my blog, might post about the "birdroom" on the forum later on.

As well, I have quite a few hanging gyms as well as Java trees/table stands in my living room for when the birds come out there with my SO and I.

welcome an i love the pics and the way she looks at you, same as when the nut looks at me lol

Pretty, pretty, pretty bird :)

Yes, you will have to post pics of your bird room (I have seen it on another forum) It will send all the little birdys - and their owners - into a flap. Guys, she has an amazing set up, such a great bird caretaker. I wanna be one of her birds, the toys they have OMG!

Yes, you will have to post pics of your bird room (I have seen it on another forum) It will send all the little birdys - and their owners - into a flap. Guys, she has an amazing set up, such a great bird caretaker. I wanna be one of her birds, the toys they have OMG!

I'll see what I can do tonight, and see if I can't figure out where it would be most appropriate to post the pictures :)

I've been thinking that myself ever since I found the blog :) You're a model to the rest of us, Shade.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back