Scary peaches

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Well, today was my first experience with a fearful reaction. Daughter's sun conure isn't afraid of anything. Silly little thing will jump on a dog's back as it walks by, and if you have something to eat, he obviously MUST have that thing to eat too.

So I bought these.. omg, the most delicious white peaches EVER, and I figured I'd share with Zephyr since he always devours the fruit in his bowl first and he's been happy to take food from my hand the past couple of days. Brought him out to the kitchen table with me and put him on the stand and offered him a bite of the peach and he edged away to the far side of the stand, looking at the peach strangely. I figured maybe he didn't want to try it until I tried it. At first Loki (daughter's sun) wouldn't try new foods until we moaned and groaned over how delicious they were, so I took a bite making all nummy noises and he rushed the peach in my hand and attacked it and then made his best attempt at flying across the kitchen to poop on my bike.

My peach and I scared the poop out of him :(

So then I thought, well I'm an idiot.. peaches are bigger than his head. So I cut it up really small and picked him up and soothed him for a bit and offered him a piece of tiny peach but he angrily pecked it off my hand. I made amends with a grape and put him back in his cage. I hid some really tiny pieces of peach at the bottom of his food bowl. Hopefully he won't uncover them and have a bird heart attack x.x

I think putting it in the bottom of his food bowl will help. He may not have seen it as food at first. But seeing it with his favorite staple foods may change his mind

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back