Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I recently found a parrot nut and treat mix called Extreme Santa Fe Parrot Treat. It's made by F.M. brown's Son. I like it because it has a great mix of seeds, nuts, dried peppers, sweet potato, and the seeds and nuts are pumpkin, looks like pine nuts, almonds and more. Before giving to Buddy I examined the treats and was impressed. Buddy, he was in heaven and I get a kick out of his reaction to the bag now. The sounds he makes I love them and when I put some in his bowl he prances with excitement. He will pick up one item and eat it slowly. He's on one foot, holding a treat in the other (he's left footed, lol), and he eats it slowly enjoying every bite. I found that he loves pumpkin seeds and almonds oh and the sweet potato. I love watching him eat his treats, and watching him get excited, a guaranteed smile.

My next plan is to buy a pumpkin and dry roast the seeds for Buddy. Husband says I love Buddy more than him. I think I do, LOL!!!!

Have seen the brand before, but have never tried it...err, well, my guys have never tried it, though, with your glowing recommendation, I think I'll get a package & see what they think of it.....

They are such messy eaters when it's "meh" food. But when it's something they like, they are as delicate as a victorian princess, not a crumb to waste! LOL

Glad your enjoying Buddy. Funny how much you can love a bird huh? Non-bird people look at them like some kind of decoration you throw seed at, they just don't get how awesome they are:D

Messy and Victorian Princess is no joke, lol. I place a sliced of habanero pepper in his bowl, two pieces and heard , thump, thump. Look at him and there are two halves of habanero peppers at the bottom of his cage, an almond in his toes. He's a hot mess. I would love to hear other reviews on this snack mix. Husband agreed to let me have the seeds to roast while he makes jack-o-lanterns.

Messy and Victorian Princess is no joke, lol. I place a sliced of habanero pepper in his bowl, two pieces and heard , thump, thump. Look at him and there are two halves of habanero peppers at the bottom of his cage, an almond in his toes. He's a hot mess. I would love to hear other reviews on this snack mix. Husband agreed to let me have the seeds to roast while he makes jack-o-lanterns.

There was an earlier post from one of our other members who thought she'd try a new pepper topping on her chicken, but apparently decided she didn't have the same passive tastes as our feathered friends.....instead of chewing a habanero in half & dropping it, I think her post was that she was considering going to the ER for relief.....

ROTFL!!! I feel for that person. My husband has no stomach, he's cauterized it from eating so much hot stuff. A restaurant down the street from our home makes salsa just for him using habaneros. The family makes different concoctions of salsa and peppers too just for him hoping to put him On his booty, so far nada. I tell him he has no digestive system, lol.

Sounds like your husband would have been a candidate for a hot-wing contest I used to hold.....back in the early 80s I owned a small watering hole & had several customers who claimed to be able to eat hot foods.....

I had been working in Mexico and had brought back some original recipes to use in the bar, at the time you couldn't get (at least I never found a supplier) masa flour east of the Mississippi, so every time I'd come home, I get routed through Dallas & my daughter would meet me at DFW with a suitcase with 50# of masa flour in it.....anyway I ran into a pretty hot salsa recipe, brought it back and started serving it...then got an idea to offer a $50 bill along with a free food check if anybody could eat 6 plates of our special chicken wings.....we had two people who got down to two wings left, but the $50 bill stayed pinned behind the bar until I sold it & took the bill down.....

Most Reactions

Back