Safe?

Skittles2016

Oct 1, 2016
U.K, England
Parrots
1 yellow sided gcc: skittles
2 budgies: millie and jim

{r.i.p my baby coco and misty the sweetest cockatiels}
Have a few sweet potatoes for dinner and was wondering if skittles could have a little bit? If they are safe how would one go about serving them to her, do they need to be cooked or can they be raw? Also, get rid of the skin or can she eat that?? Thanks :)

Noooo, you misunderstood me, they love sweet potatoes! I gave that thread just to show that many others include them in a well rounded diet!

I give 'em to Rbird mashed, no seasoning, fed from a spoon. If I put 'em in his treat-bowl, they wind up on the walls or ceiling. Same with other mushy/messy foods, usually... spoon-feeding gives me a feeling of being slightly in control of something.

Ah, I see! Thanks. So... best not to give it to her at all? That's a shame, I like to try and include her with healthy foods that I too eat. I'll have a look for something else in that case :)
Like Flboy said, total opposite. The thread was to show you how much many birds love them. Its like the only veggie Loco really likes to eat. I dont think theres anything wrong with the skin but the inside is what Loco likes. Cooked and maybe mashed up a bit.

Noooo, you misunderstood me, they love sweet potatoes! I gave that thread just to show that many others include them in a well rounded diet!

Ooooooooooh haha sorry! I thought by it getting all mushed up in their little beaks it was dangerous! Alright well I'll keep an eye on her when doing so :D

I give 'em to Rbird mashed, no seasoning, fed from a spoon. If I put 'em in his treat-bowl, they wind up on the walls or ceiling. Same with other mushy/messy foods, usually... spoon-feeding gives me a feeling of being slightly in control of something.

Yes I've encountered the walls being painted with strawberry and raspberries :D oh how exciting then! She eats absolutely everything she can get her beak into, so I'm sure she'll approve.

Most of the healthy food we eat is good for our birds. BUT There are a few we need to stay away from . In my search I have found.

The bad foods to be.
1 Chocolate- t
2 Apple SEEDS- not the apple it's self. Seeds are toxics.
3 alcohol- duh right.
4 Caffeine- bad for the heart.
5 Salt - not good but a little bit is fine.
6 avocado - I was always told NEVER THE AVOCADO! It is bad for bird hearts.
7 Mushrooms- bad for the bird liver
8 Tomato leaves- It is a NightShade plant They are toxic. Tomato it's self are not all that good too acidic.
9 onions- a little powder is ok- Onions can cause Digestive problems.
10 Dried Beans. Uncooked beans have a poison called Hemagglutinin it is toxic to birds.

Thats the main list of stuff found in many people homes that are not good for birds. Here is a crazy long list of other not so safe stuff.
https://www.beautyofbirds.com/toxicfoods.html

I am going to make some sweet potatoes tonight I think. They are said to be good for your birds feathers with all the Vitamin A they have. They are good for me too. It is a win win. haha

I get splattered w/lots of food; in my hair, on my face & glasses. Will I ever learn not to feed them while on me or at least remember only before I shower?!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back