Rosie GIF images

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I got a new app on my phone called Cinemagram, It allows you to make little GIF images from video. I've been having so much fun playing with it and took a bunch of Rosie :D

It's kinda like taking harry potter photos lol

Rosie waving
80262163.gif

When Rosie preens she does this funky head movement to fix her neck feathers.
80257754.gif

Looking down as the dogs walk in
80028128.gif

Getting pets
79949870.gif

Getting ready to take a nap
79970904.gif

Eating banana
79947327.gif

that is so COOL!!!!!!!

I just found a program just like it for my android phone :)

Rosies colors are so intense. She has to be the prettiest cockatoo I have ever seen:)

Rosies colors are so intense. She has to be the prettiest cockatoo I have ever seen:)
Thank you so much! And I can't agree with you more, she is such a gorgeous Galah. Her crest is the color of most galahs breast, it's so insane. I've been told she the western subspecies; I also believe she is a naturally occurring dark morph but I have little evidence to support that claim.

Here's a pic that shows her color the best, the lighting in those GIF make her colors overly intense.
rosie_hanging_out_by_copperarabian-d5mkjjb.jpg

in sunlight she looks really pretty
rosie__s_portrait_by_copperarabian-d5mmmpg.jpg

Last edited:
I made a few more XD

82213760.gif

My dog sugar got very excited and chased Rosie in this last image, Sugar's afraid of Rosie. make sure to never let your pets be together unsupervised because you never know when hunting instinct will be triggered.

Last edited:
That's cool! Rosie's grey feathers are so much darker than Rocky's, and all the wild Galah's here! What race is she?

That's cool! Rosie's grey feathers are so much darker than Rocky's, and all the wild Galah's here! What race is she?
I've been told she is the western sub species, but a very dark individual. Unfortunatly the dark colored Galahs are very hard to find so finding info on them is frustratingly hard.

Here's a old photo from a breeder who used to have a pair and a quote from their page. Rosie's different from these particular birds because she has a dark pink crest and her eye ring is white, the eye ring isn't reliable though since birds who don't get a lot of sunlight have a white eye ring, and i also believe she is female.

"The dark pink subspecies has a very whitish frontal crest, and the periophthalmic ring (naked skin directly around the eye) is distinctively red compared to the pale whitish grey eye ring on the paler subspecies. This whitish grey eye ring is only tinged with pink coloration. Although seldom seen, the true subspecies having the deep red coloration is quite distinctive. Males appear even darker then the females and are more common. Very dark red females are quite scarce. Having had the privilege of breeding one of these dark red pairs, I have been able to follow some of their offspring to determine if they kept the deeper red coloration of their parents. They do, indeed, retain the dark red coloration of their parents, which becomes very evident after their first molt."

(first image is a dark subspecies with a eastern)
galahs.jpg

bigrosie.jpg

Last edited:
That is really super cool! Def Harry Potter ish, I LOVE it! :)

I've been told she is the western sub species, but a very dark individual. Unfortunatly the dark colored Galahs are very hard to find so finding info on them is frustratingly hard.

Here's a old photo from a breeder who used to have a pair and a quote from their page. Rosie's different from these particular birds because she has a dark pink crest and her eye ring is white, the eye ring isn't reliable though since birds who don't get a lot of sunlight have a white eye ring, and i also believe she is female.

"The dark pink subspecies has a very whitish frontal crest, and the periophthalmic ring (naked skin directly around the eye) is distinctively red compared to the pale whitish grey eye ring on the paler subspecies. This whitish grey eye ring is only tinged with pink coloration. Although seldom seen, the true subspecies having the deep red coloration is quite distinctive. Males appear even darker then the females and are more common. Very dark red females are quite scarce. Having had the privilege of breeding one of these dark red pairs, I have been able to follow some of their offspring to determine if they kept the deeper red coloration of their parents. They do, indeed, retain the dark red coloration of their parents, which becomes very evident after their first molt."

(first image is a dark subspecies with a eastern)
galahs.jpg

bigrosie.jpg

When we looked at the last male M2, the foster had an RB2 as a personal pet, he was the darker version - the only dark one I had ever seen. His chest was dark red and his grey was a dark steel grey, he was stunning.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back