Rose Breasted Cockatoo vs African Grey

parrotlover618

Nov 27, 2011
Texas
Parrots
i currently own a rescue cockatiel but have owned quakers and caiques hopefully i will own a cockatoo or smaller macaw soon!
I have the choice of purchasing a 5yr old RB2 or a 5yr old CAG the RB2 isn't to keen on being touched at the moment the CAG comes out and is very social just doesn't want to be held both were brought into a pet shop and have no names I'm just unsure on which would be more likely to be tamed down and a great cuddle social baby

Either bird will respond to patience and kindness if you're prepared to put the work in - how long it will take depends on the individual and it's background. Try to view it as winning the bird's trust, not wearing it down!

Galahs are generally very affectionate and will enjoy being cuddled. CAGs typically prefer a little more personal space, but they're extremely bright and well suited if you're interested in games, tricks and talking.

My Timneh was not a touchy feely girl <wild caught> but she was very talkative and friendly,in her own way,giving kisses and doing funny stuff, and VERY intelligent.

My adopted Goffin's however,loves to be cuddled with,loves to be scratched on his head and neck and climbs all over me,and he has only been here 2 weeks this coming sunday. I think its just your preference on what type of birdie you personally like the best.

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back