Rescued Lovebird from Craigslist

JoeJoe

Apr 18, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
1x - Green Alexandrine - 1x Green Quaker - 3x Lovebirds - 2x Cockatiels - 2x Zebra Finches
Hi Viewers!

I rescued this little parrot below from someone who was supposedly rehabilitating him. Supposedly he was in a cage with another Lovebird who was causing fighting and I was told that is why he is missing feathers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

He/She is a Lovebird. Just had a nice bath and I got em to perch on my finger for a good 5 minutes or so :rolleyes:. I was wondering if I can get some suggestions as for how to care for this little parrot. I picked up a small tail feather off my floor today that fell out and I noticed that it was especially stiff & dry. Is this something that is normal for an abused bird? Should I do anything to help him with his feathers? Also, how long, and how much of a chance do I have that this parrot can grow its feather back fully. Is there any way to speed the process up? How can I prevent plucking?

Any other help would be great. This bird was not living in the right conditions when I got it (cage, water feeder, toys, filth, etc.) so I want to care for it as much as I can. :yellow2:

- Joe

Thanks for rescuing this baby, very pretty bird. If you can, maybe take him to a vet and get him checked out, It looks like he has had a tough time.. I am sure he is thanking his lucky stars that you took him or her home.:)

Bless your kind heart helping this little guy! I just got a lovie off the CL last week too, but she was in perfect health and feather (came from a serious parrot lady's home). Your poor guy looks like he should be checked by a vet, like the previous person suggested. The feathers should grow back - it just takes some time.

Most Reactions

Back