so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Got a surprise coming up the driveway on the farm today.
dashcam caught the action and this is one of the better stills.

Having such a big predator on our hill will mean strict outdoor police of always in a cage/carrier.
IMG_1509.png

HOLY HECK! Great capture! I remember when a sharp shinned hawk almost took out a pigeon in the backyard of the building i was renting a suite in. Wish I had my camera then!

With the References around, it appears you are seeing a senior adult Red Tail Hawk there. We have one that owns our area and she allows only her kids to fly in her area. At present, there is a total of five families and her's that use our backyard for flight training in the Spring.

Our neighbor had long provided a bird feeder and now only provide a watering station. Great meals for the year old Hawks!

With the References around, it appears you are seeing a senior adult Red Tail Hawk there. We have one that owns our area and she allows only her kids to fly in her area. At present, there is a total of five families and her's that use our backyard for flight training in the Spring.

Our neighbor had long provided a bird feeder and now only provide a watering station. Great meals for the year old Hawks!
I have seen the juvenile RTH perching in our trees and calling out for the parents to bring food.
They are beautiful to watch soaring along the ridge of our hill. I want to get video but they come/go quickly.

We also have one (probably two) turkey vultures that like to soar and catch the updrafts on our hill.

Most Reactions

Back